kageyama ➵ reason to talk to

this happened to me LOL 

requested bytodorokishoto4869 ]

recommended song : i like me better [ lauv ]

—  

if 'the most coward' award exist in the first place, kageyama would win without any doubt. he doesn't have to do anything to be nominated. just him getting flustered and keep asking around about this one particular girl who work at the coffee shop nearby karasuno would be enough.

"mac and cheese for kageyama!"

her voice break the quietness in the coffee shop. the calm atmosphere in the coffee shop is fill with people chattering with their friends and fingers tapping on their laptop.

hinata and tanaka shoot the first-year setter a teasing look and tsukishima mouth 'fucking loser' to kageyama who freeze on his spot when his name is being called. kageyama stands up like a robot and walk towards the counter with his nervous state.

"practice was hard?" she ask with a smile.

"y-y-yeah," he nod his head faster than a woodpecker bobbing its head. "h-how's your preparation for college?"

the barista that kageyama shows interest is two years older than he is but he doesn't care.

"it's alright. i'm quite busy studying lately so i'm putting volleyball on hold for a while," she reply.

"really?," his eyes grows wide. "i'm not gonna see you during the preliminary later?" he blurts out without thinking twice and he quickly clamp his mouth shut in embarrassment.

he can't believe he just shows his clingy side to the girl he's interested in. it's not like he won't be seeing her anymore but he couldn't help but feel disappointed that she won't be around at the stadium.

she giggles, shaking her head. "i will, but i'm not playing. i'm gonna ask a first-year to replace me as a spiker since i'll be having extra class on that day," she says.

"a-ah, i see," he nod his head. "i-i-i'll get going first," he take his mac and cheese and dash to his place again. his heart feels like it's gonna burst the longer he stays there.

daichi observe the tsundere's every movement with the corner of his lips curve upwards. it's common for kageyama to get flustered but it's still fun to tease him about it.

"hey, kageyama," he call out. "don't do anything stupid in front of her again," his words earn laughter from his teammates, agreeing with his words.

"i didn't!" the flustered setter protest before angrily stab his mac and cheese using the fork and shove it inside his mouth. he's prepare to taste the warmth of the food but instead, his mouth is full of ice.

hinata cover his mouth from laughing at him. "you look so stupid, idiot!"

"what's wrong?," sugawara mischievously take a bite of the food using his own fork and it doesn't take long for his face to turn 180 degree. "it's so cold! i don't think [name] heat it up," he complains.

"kagellama, go and ask your girlfriend to heat it up," tsukishima smirks.

"she's not my girlfriend," the aforemention mumble, glaring at the bean pole. he try to calm his heart that's beating faster when he approach the counter again. "u-u-uhm, i don't think you heat it up,' he stutters out.

[name] blink her eyes innocently before smiling wide. "right, i forgot!" she exclaim and take the food away from kageyama's hand.

"you're just finding excuse to talk to him!" nishinoya yell.

"that's right too!" she raise her voice to make sure everyone in karasuno volleyball team hear her answer. chuckle leave her lips when she gets a chorus of 'ohs' as a respond.

kageyama just stand there at the counter awkwardly with obvious blush on his face for the whole two minutes.

"here you go and sorry for that," [name] apologetically smile at him.

"how does tomorrow sounds?" he blurts out suddenly. he immediately panic when the girl in front of him looks perplex at the sudden question. "i-i mean, should we go out tomorrow somewhere after school end and i could cancel practice and go study with you at the local library so you don't have to reason to talk to me and i really like you so that's why i'm doing it so please don't get weird out," he says all that in one breath and face flush from lack of oxygen.

[name] burst into a fit of laughter for a good one minute, nodding her head. "i'd love to, kageyama and i don't think you're weird at all,"

"wOOHOO HE FINALLY GROWS SOME BALLS TO ASK HER OUT!"

"SHUT UP, DUMBASS!"