akaashi ➵ sane

lower case intended

for akaash00k

-

Math? Check

Social Studies? Check

Writing? No.

I stare at my laptop for a very long time and feels like screaming. My chest feel tight all of the sudden and tears begin to form in my eyes as a quiet sob escape my lips.

It's three forty-seven in the morning and I haven't had a proper sleep for three days.

Everything feels so suffocating and I'm hoping the Grim Reaper hears my silent scream and take me away.

"Love?"

A tired, hoarse voice I've grown to love ask. I turn around and my eyes soften at the sight of you standing there, looking exhausted.

"Hey, hey. Why are you crying?" you rush towards me and pull me into a hug as I bury my face onto your stomach while I'm sitting down. It feels comforting to have you around me.

"What's wrong, love?" I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. Before I know it, I feel as though I'm being drag to my bed and my eyes flutter shut as my body hit the soft mattress.

"You haven't sleep for days." you murmurs, wiping the tears stain of frustration away

I lay down with my arms around you, trying to pull you as close as I can. Everything seems to be bearable with your around and I am sure you're the only thing that could keep myself from losing my sanity.

"Take a day off, alright? You always nagged me when I overwork myself during volleyball practice." you chuckle, reminiscing the old memories when you were still a volleyball player.

My heart aches as you say that, suddenly remembering how much I miss watching you play.

"Okay." is my reply.

I'm knock out before I know it with your voice as my lullaby.

-

"What time i-oof!" I shriek out and fall from my bed.

Groaning out in pain, my blurry vision try to look at the time on the white wall clock I hang across my bed.

"Oh my God, I'm late!"

I spare a glance at the empty bed, and purse my lips. The familiar throbbing on my heart return. I shake my head and make my way to the bathroom, knocking the calendar off in the process.

I bend down to take it, only to have my eyes starts to brim with tears once again at one specific date I used to love but now hate.

December 5

keiji's birthday!

The same day he never returns and he becomes the figment of my imagination, keeping me sane.

-

i didn't say it's gonna be fluff ;)