The girl blinks a few times before she speaks. "You're Peter and Charlotte." 

Peter wasn't expecting that answer and reels back before shoving her against the wall again. "Who are you?"

"Jolene Cullen," The girl whispers. "Rosalie's mate." 

"Fuck me," Peter lets her go and she slides down the wall, her arms moving to cover her stomach again. Peter rakes a hand through his hair as he gathers his thoughts. "They still live in Washington, don't they? So how did you get across the country?" 

"I don't know what state I'm in," Jolene confesses. 

"You're in Lubbock, Texas," Charlotte pipes up, pulling herself together. "They're looking for you. You've been missing for two weeks." 

"Have I?" Jolene frowns. "I can't really remember." 

"What is the last thing you remember?" Peter questioned. 

Jolene lets out a rattling breath. "Dunno. I think I was in Phoenix. Yeah, I was in Arizona. Then- then- It's kinda fuzzy." 

"You reek of vampires," Peter pipes up. "Were you with vampires?" 

It takes a few moments for Jolene to reply. "I think so... red eyes... yes, I was with other vampires." 

"Come, lets get you home with us and we'll give the Cullen's a call," Peter offers. "I'm sorry for shovin' ya against a wall." 

"Jasper said you were dangerous," Jolene comments. "But that he knew you would protect me." 

"Come on," Peter crouches slightly. "Where are your shoes?" 

"I can't run away if my feet are unprotected," Jolene tonelessly comments, staring at her bare feet. 

Peter reaches out to pick her up when she recoils violently, hitting her head on the wall as she curls up before her head jerks up to look at him. "Sorry." 

"It's alright," Peter assures her. "Are you alright if I carry you?" 

"Could you do it piggy back?" Jolene flushed. "My side is hurt." 

"Course," Peter nods. "One piggy back coming up!" 

Charlotte helps Jolene onto Peter's back, noticing how burned the bottom of Jolene's feet are from walking on hot tarmac. 

Peter and Charlotte lived out of the way of others. They didn't want to be bothered and the nearest town was an hours drive. They settle for walking in case any human saw them. Any human wouldn't be able to jog around with another human on their back like they wanted. 

Once they reach country roads and Jolene falls asleep on Jasper's back, they pick up speed and make it home. 

Charlotte helps Peter set the sleeping human on the couch before picking up the house phone and dialing her brothers number. 

"I'm busy right now," Was how Jasper answered the phone. 

"We got your girl," Charlotte snaps. 

That silenced him. "What?" 

"Jolene Cullen. Your missing girl. She's asleep on our couch," Charlotte explains. 

"Is she okay?" Jasper demands. 

"She's alive," Charlotte offers. "Bad shape. We haven't had too much time to access her." 

"Shit, Char," Jasper breathes out. "My god." 

Charlotte hears Jasper call out to the others. 'We found Jolene!' 

She can hear the screaming and sudden pandemonium on the other end of the phone. She has to hold the phone away from her sensitive ear for a few moments as the phone is wretched from hand to hand on the other side before Jasper finally reclaims it.