❆ My Miraculous Christmas (3/5) ❆

Start from the beginning

After that, they saw how every screen was changing channels.

When Marinette explained to him what a Trigger was, he analized the situation. "Then if everyone is being controlled by him, we can't engage in a fight with them, and neither can we hurt him as he is under the effects of the drug. What can we do then?"

"We? Oh nononono, we leave this to the pro heroes. I'm no hero material and you're just a student"

"But there's no guarantee there are many heroes left. These butterflies are everywhere and as we are talking, more and more people are being turned and attacking innocent civilians. That includes our friends..." he said, feeling anxious as he didn't know if you were hurt, or worse, turned.

Marinette could see he wasn't doing it for his pride like many other heroes would, but because he was truly worried in saving the people he cared about, like a true hero should be. However, she wasn't convinced in that they could succeed by pure will alone. "...Still... If, as you say, every hero is turned, what makes you think that a couple of teenagers can succeed?"

"...As long as we try, something will change for sure" he repeated Marinette's words and left her speechless.

'Come on, you can't do this to me...'  she groaned, but seeing Shouto's unwavering determination, she gave up.

With a defeated sigh, she said "The drug wears off after a while, but it could take some hours or even some days depending on how effective it is. But what we know for sure is that it loses its effects when his quirk is (...)"

Shouto widened his eyes.

Your POV

You thought that this would have surely been the death of you, but out of nowhere you were pulled upward.

"Hold on tight!" Adrien said.

Looking down, you saw that he was holding onto a large iron staff that was growing larger by the second. "Do you always carry this around?"

"Never know when you need it!" he grinned. You didn't understand how he could in this kind of situation, but it helped you relax. However, that only lasted for about half a second as Izuku was jumping from wall to wall to catch up with you. You used your quirk so that the walls were slippery, but that could only hold him for a little while longer. "Quick!" Adrien said. "This way!"

You were jumping from roof to roof as it was the only way you could avoid the herd of people, but you still had to deal with a wild Deku quickly following after you while avoiding those butterflies. "This is impossible!" you said.

"Well, if we die at least we have eight other lives"

"This is not the time to be joking!" you smacked him.

"Watch out!"

When you turned your head to your behind, you realized that Deku was above you after jumping really high up and ready to land with a powerful smash. You tried to run faster, but as you were too focused on escaping, you tripped when you stepped on a loose tile and scraped your knees.

"(Y/N)!" Adrien screamed.

You shut your eyes close waiting for the impact, but when it came, you were surprised to only have received a blast of air, a cold one at that. When you looked up, you saw millions of shards of ice on the sky, probably shattered from the blown. "Shou..to and Marinette...!" you frowned when you saw them together.