Searching For Clues

Start from the beginning

Pandit: I had no idea someone wanted to harm Nandini but maybe you are right. I'll make sure ki next time aisa na ho

Manik and Nyonika were surprised at Pandit's sudden change of demaneur and exchanged a look but nevertheless, did not show it on their faces.

The Pandit left soon after assuring Nyonika that such incident won't take place again but Manik remained there.

Manik: Mom don't you think Pandit is too weird?

Nyonika: Sometimes I do but then its his personality Manik and we can't help it

She shrugged.

Manik: Mom you have the access to the cctv from your computer right?

Nyonika: Yes I do

Manik: Great! Mom can I check the 6th floor's footage please?

Nyonika: ya why not

Nyonika quickly opened the footage and once it started playing, they both keenly observed the activities going on.

Nyonika: Manik isme toh sab normal dikh raha hai. There's no one except Nandu here

Nyonika said confused after looking at the footage for around 10 minutes.

Manik: Mom look, smoke has started filling the room

Manik exclaimed as soon as he noticed the white smoke filling the room and Nandini started coughing in the video. Manik's anger returned seeing Nandini's condition as he clenched his fist to control himself. The entire footage went by but they could spot no one except for Nandini in the music room.

Manik: I don't get this! Yaha room me Nandini ke alawa koi bhi nahi hai and na hi music room ke aas pass koi dikh raha hai then yeh smoke kaha se aaya and who locked Nandini in the room?

Manik said frustrated on not finding anything useful.

Nyonika: Manik maybe someone had installed a smoke bomb in the room

Nyonika tried guessing.

Nyonika: you know aajkal aise bombs milte hai so that's possible right?

Manik: Maybe but mom aisa kaun karega and kyu? I mean Nandini has never done something bad to anyone toh why would that person want to harm Nandini?

He felt helpless.

Nyonika: Manik karne ko toh koi bhi kar sakta hai. It can be the peon or some student too. We can never predict what some people think

Manik: Mom Pandit bhi toh ho sakta hai na iske peeche? Vaise bhi I have never got good vibes from that guy

Nyonika: Manik Panditji already said that he was with the Principal when all of this happened. You can't blame him without any proof Manik

Manik: Fine!

He huffed and began walking out of the room when Nyonika stopped him.

Nyonika: Wait! Manik where are you going?

Manik: To have a chat with the Principal

He said sternly without turning around and left the room while Nyonika sighed. She knew it was useless to stop Manik when it came to Nandini.

***

Principal: What the hell Manik? Where are your manners? Have you forgotten that one should knock before entering someone's cabin?

The principal shouted, annoyed at Manik suddenly barging in his cabin without his permission.

Manik: Please just cut this crap and answer honestly to whatever I ask you

Manik spoke in a cold voice, his eyes red with anger which was enough for the Principal to shut his mouth. He knew better than to mess with an angry Manik.

Principal: Sure. Tell me

The Principal obliged with a nervous smile.

Manik: Did Pandit come here to discuss something about (looks at his watch) about an hour ago?

Principal: Why are you asking this?

Manik: Look Mr. Principal answer me already and don't question me back or else kal tum yaha question karne ke liye rahoge hi nahi and you know well that I can do that

He threatened making the Principal gulp in fear.

Principal: Are tum gussa kyu ho Manik...m-main batata hu na

Manik: better

Principal: Ha TK aaya toh tha yaha fusion performance aur musicana ke baare me discuss karne

Manik: voh discussion kitni der tak chala tha?

Principal: kareeb aadhe ghante tak

Manik: agar Pandit aadhe ghante tak yaha tha toh that means he wasn't responsible for the smoke. But then why can't I believe it?

Manik thought to himself, his frustration and helplessness taking a toll over him slowly and steadily.

Manik: are you sure he was here for half an hour?

Principal: Yes am sure Manik

Manik: Alright

Manik left his office in a haste while the Principal sat there confused on Manik's interrogation.

Merry Christmas guys! Stay blessed. May this Christmas bring in loads of happiness in your life.

Happy reading.

Do vote and comment!