A Day Well Spent

Aryaman: nanduuuuu

Nandini: arya stop nagging na pleaseeee

Aryaman: nope!
He said popping the 'p'

Nandu*irritated*: arya you are like my elder brother and you behaving like a kid is just so not you. What on earth is wrong with you!?

Aryaman: you know right that I have no siblings so ya then the best person in front of whom I can crib and show all my sibling tantrums is just you. Won't you bear my this side even for a day?

Nandini: ok fine! Stop acting all cute and emotional.....I'm always there for you
She said with a small smile.

Aryaman*grinning widely*: and that is why I love you so much sista!!
They both hug each other and share a hearty laugh when navya and Abhi enter in.

Abhi: are we missing something?

Aryaman: nope.....nothing much

Abhi and navya frown and nandini giggles.

Nandini: its nothing bhai......we were just having our time like we used to.....you know just like old days....

Navya: vo bhi kya din the na?

Aryaman: navya please....you sound like my dadi

Navya: whatever arya
She said rolling her eyes.

Manik's place

Manik was sleeping peacefully on his bed, frowning a bit in his sleep as the sun rays were disturbing his slumber. It seemed like he had no plans of waking up but that peace did not remain for long as his sleeping posture was greeted with a splash of bucketful of water. Manik woke up with a jerk, ready to roar like a lion on whosoever disturbed him and his precious sleep.

Manik *angrily*: what the hell-
Manik stopped midsentence as soon as he saw five angry faces glaring at him. He smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck trying to think of all the possible reasons that could make his madhouse friends so angry.

Manik*stutters*: g-guys....kya hua hai?  Why are you all giving me such angry looks?

Mukti: like really manik....tu bhul gaya?!
Mukti roared like a hungry lioness and nodded her head in disbelief.

Dhruv: buddy humne decide kya tha ki aaj fab 5 and Nandini ka group will spend their time like old days....yaad aaya?
Dhruv spoke softly, trying to remind his lazy friend who was too lost and clueless at present.

Alia*mocking*: let it be Dhruv....I think manik loves his sleep more. Right manik?

Manik just nodded his head in a no vigorously and rushed to freshen up shouting a 'I'll be back in five guys' to save himself from the fab 5 wrath. As soon as manik left, all burst out laughing as they got successful in scaring their monster friend of whom everyone is afraid.

Cabir*laughing*: guys....just imagine...jab log is manik malhotra ko dekhenge toh unki halat kya hogi

Mukti: I second you Cabir

Alia*laughing*: god! He ran out of the room as if we were some devils sent from hell ready to feast on him

Dhruv: that was our very own manik malhotra turning into a bheegi billi

All four laughed out loud hearing Dhruv and then waited for manik to get ready.

Nandini's place

"Nanduuuuu....aur kitna time baba?" Abhi asked pacing in the hall, waiting for his baby sister who was taking a lot of time to doll herself up. "2 minutes Bhai" was all she shouted back for the nth time.

Abhi, arya and navya were ready long back and were waiting for Nandini to step out so that they could start their day and head to their destination. Meanwhile navya stepped out of the kitchen, fidgeting with the picnic basket, checking whether it contained everything that was required.

Navya: Abhi nandu aa gayi kya?

Abhi: nahi...dekho na ready hone me kitna time laga rahi hai yeh ladki...aise toh we'll never reach there on time
He complained.

Navya: hmm aur arya kaha hai?

Abhi: arya....
He started looking around to find him and navya followed his actions. Both shook their heads in disbelief seeing Aryaman busy in his phone, playing some game with his tongue stuck out, devoting all of his concentration in it.

Navya: hey matarani....kya hoga iska!
Navya sighed and Abhi chuckled agreeing to her.

Navya strode towards Aryaman and tapped on his shoulder maintaining a very straight face.

Navya: arya....aaj sirf game hi khelna hai kya?
Navya asked in her honey coated tone yet sounding dangerous at the same time. Aryaman gulped and cutely nodded in a no.

Navya*fake smiling*: good! Toh ab jaldi Abhi ke saath neeche jao aur yeh basket car me rakhdo(giving him the picnic basket) ok?

Aryaman nods his head like a obedient child and rushes downstairs along with Abhi. Abhi laughed at his antics and follows him. After a few seconds Nandini came out of her room dolled up, looking cute as ever in her white knee length floral frock only to greet an annoyed navya. Nandini looked down nervously playing with her fingers while navya kept on tapping her foot on the floor furiously glaring at poor Nandini.

Manik's place

Manik came back to his room all ready where fab 4 were waiting for him. He looked dapper in his blue denim jacket and jeans, ready to party in the fab 5 style.

Cabir: manik baba agar aap ready ho toh kya ab hum party karne ja sakte hai?
Cabir asked dramatically and manik dragged him out along with him in response whereas the rest followed.

Fab 5 parked their car outside the pub where they usually visit and got down with attitude, maintaining their aura.

Cabir*enthusiastically*: guys aaj hum finally party karenge and thus I can get completely drunk and wasted varna meri madhubala toh humesha mujhe zyada peene se rokti rehti hai. But aaj no rok tok

Manik: Hume Nandini, navya, Abhi aur arya ko bhi bulana chahiye na....afterall its new years after a day. So lets have fun together
He suggested but got a negative response.

Alia: no way manik....today its only fab 5

Mukti: ha manik Alia is right and Cabir please stop your drama yaar and lets partyyy

Dhruv: guys ab yahi khade rehna hai ya hum andar bhi jaenge?

Cabir/ mukti: chalo guys....its party time!

Nandini's place

Nandini was fidgeting nervously when navya spoke.

Navya: Nandini murthy hum kisi beauty pageant ke liye nahi ja rahe jo tumhe taiyyar hone me kitna time lag gaya

Nandini*nervously* : vo...uh....sorry na navya...main confused thi ki main kya pehnu so....
She smiled nervously while navya stared her with a straight face.

Nandini: navya please....I'm really sorry...dil se
Nandini said making her best puppy face to melt navya which worked. Navya smiled at her antics.

Navya: ok meri dramaqueen ab chale?

Nandini*excitedly*: ha chalo

Navya giggled at the childish avatar of her best friend and joined the rest downstairs all set to kick start their day.

Hello readers!  I know my updates are slow and I am really sorry for that but I hope you understand. I have lots of projects to complete which is not letting me write this story so my updates will take time...but I promise that I'll give an update whenever I get time.
By the way....a belated merry Christmas 🎄 and a very happy and prosperous new year to all my readers. I love you all!! Hope you liked my update.
Do vote and comment.
Happy reading!