Ek Ladki Bheegi Bhaagi Si...

Nandini

"What on earth are you even doing?"

"Helping you duh!"

"No you are making it worst manik!"

Here we stood. Manik and nandini. My hand glued to his chest and my bracelet stuck with his tee. Wondering how did this happen? Well let me explain.

Our dear principal suddenly decided to volunteer my name for the college council team, out of the blue and I could not even deny. Wanna know why? Its because principlal sir did not ask me but rather ordered me to be a part of his so called council and hence here I was, standing on a ladder, probably taller than me and trying to stick a goddamn poster on behalf of the council when manik popped in out of nowhere, scaring the shit out of me while made my balance tremble a bit. I squeezed my eyes shut in the fear of landing hard on the floor but to my luck manik caught hold of me just in time.

Nandini...don't you think that you have started swearing alot nowadays?
My conscience asked.

Oh no my dear. This was actually needed. The principal has no right to force me in doing such stupid stuff but phew!.....I can't help it
I sighed sadly.

"Nandini? Earth to nandini!" I heard manik calling out for me. I glared at him in return. "What? Why that angry look eh?" he asked confused.

Aw. He's one adorable guy but.....nevermind!

If it was any other day then I would have pulled his cheeks, annoying him but today was different. I was so near to a death experience because of him right now!

Nandini stop exaggerating! Will you?
My conscience did the typical eye roll at me.

Ah fine I know that I was exaggerating it but dude....I could actually have my limbs broken if I had fallen down.

But you didn't Einstein!
My conscience mocked and huff....I had to agree cuz at the end it was manik only who saved me but come on i can atleast tease him a tiny bit right?

Oh ofcourse he is my best friend so I sure as hell can.

"Manik malhotra like really you are asking me what's wrong?!?"

He bobbed his head cutely in response but I held on my ground.

Aw.

"Stop shaking your head like an idiot manik. I would have fallen flat on the floor now and had my limb broken, that too all because of you! What on earth was the need to scare me like this!? I would have died of a freaking heart attack!!"
I guffawed and exclaimed inanimately.

"Whoa there easy woman easy. Now stop being a dramaqueen and tell me if you have any plans of getting off me....my arms are aching" "hawwww" I slapped my palms over my mouth and continued. "You are calling me fat?" I asked. "No. God no! Its just that people around are literally gawking at us and I am well known of how conscious you get with all the attention and if you have forgotten nandini then let me remind you that we are standing in the corridor yeah?" he quizzed.

Oh shit! How could I just forget it?

"Uh ya" I replied whilst getting down from his arms and straightening myself. I moved my hand down to smoothen my dress but guess today's day isn't for me as I found my hand glued to Manik's tee, near his chest. Even he noticed it and chuckled a bit which I simply ignored.

"Aiyyappa ab kya karu main?" I pouted looking upwards when I felt a hot breath fanning near my ear. "Aiyyappa won't be able to help nandini" manik whispered down my ear. "Vaise I can help you know. All you need to do is ask" he said with a straight face but his eyes had a glint of mischief. "Tum yaha karne kya aaye the manik?" I was badly pissed. "Voh I found out ki principal ne tumhe humare college council ka member banaya hai and you are busy with its work toh socha tumhari help kardu" he replied nonchalantly. "Really manik?!" I was still annoyed. "Really nandini" he nodded his head cutely. "Fine then help me out now" I said pointing at my glued hand near his chest. "Ok" he pulled me towards him using my stole and started leaning in. "Manik!" I spoke cautiously moving a step behind, pulling him along due to my glued hand. "Are what are you doing? Tum agar aise dur jaogi toh how will I remove this?" he asked confused by my question and then it struck me that he was actually right.