Who Is A Bigger Foodie?

Nandini

After cleaning ourselves and not to forget the kitchen ofcourse we finally settled down. I looked beside me to find manik deep in his thoughts so I called him. "Manik?" no reply. Ok once. "Manik!" again no reply. Twice. "Manik!!" now I was irritated so I shook him by his arm and he finally snapped out. "Where were you lost?" I asked getting curious. "Um...nowhere" he replied hesitantly.

What is cooking in that handsome brain of his?

Wait....did I just call his brain handsome?

Nandini murthy what is wrong with you!? Well. Nevermind.

"Ha so tell me...what were you thinking?" I continued my interrogation. "Are nothing baba" he said. I could clearly make out his failed attempt of trying to hide about whatever he was thinking and I really wanted to know but I went against it and pretended to believe him. "Nanduuuuu" manik called me oh so sweetly. Now I am sure there is surely something cooking in that head of his. "What do you want?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him. He pouted cutely, giving me his sheepish smile, pointing at his stomach. "I'm hungry" he said in his baby voice and I could not help but go all aww on him. "Awww toh yeh chotu se baby ko bhukhi lagi hai?" I asked pulling his cheeks just the way a mother does to a child because with me he was and he still is always a baby and I love when he removes all his barriers and behaves all carefree around me. "Ha Mumma" even he played along. "Acha so tell me what do you want to eat?" "I don't want to eat something heavy so um how about noodles?" he suggested. In reply I started walking towards the kitchen and aa soon as I entered I started fiddling with the utensils to make noodles. Manik who came strolling behind me smiled brightly seeing me make food for him.

I was chopping vegetables when suddenly my finger got cut and I hissed in pain. Manik was there in no time. He quickly took my finger and put it in his mouth to stop my bleeding while I just kept staring at him. He was so worried for me. I had got hurt but the pain....the pain was visible on his face. He hurriedly put my finger under cold running water and when the bleeding stopped he put a little antiseptic on the cut and bandaged it. As soon as he was done with his work he glared at me angrily and started shouting.

Manik*angry*: nandini are you out of your mind!? Apna dhyaan rakhna nahi aata kya? Huh!? See how bad did you cut your finger...zyada lag jaati toh?

Nandini: sshhh sshhh manik see I'm fine its just a small cut and-
She was cut in between.

Manik: small cut! Really nandini? This isn't a small cut for me ok. I can't even bear a scratch on you and this cut is killing me here
His eyes reflected pain and worry for me and I wanted nothing but to drown in those deep eyes of his.

End of POV

Nandini: manik calm down baba please
She said with a sweet smile and slowly pulled manik in a hug. She was continuously rubbing his back to calm him down and it seemed to work as manik actually calmed a bit and tightened the hug. They broke the hug after some time and manik again started looking at her cut.

Manik: nandini we will cook together

Nandini: what? Manik look its ok it was just a small cut baba

Manik: no I am not taking any chances!
He declared with finality in his voice and nandini had to give up.

Nandini*sighs*: okay

Manik: good! Now lets cook
He said. Nandini nodded and again got busy with the vegetables when she felt two arms encircle around her waist. She gasped and looked behind to find manik back hugging her and keenly observing her work.

 She gasped and looked behind to find manik back hugging her and keenly observing her work