Nandini's Birthday Bash

Nandini

Yayyyy! Its finally my birthday morning and am so excited for it. Manik told me last night that i have many more surprises awaiting for me and now I am getting curious.

I woke up rubbing my eyes and found my entire room filled with balloons and believe me i am a crazy balloon lover. Call me kidish but I don't care and I won't deny about this crazy festish that I have for balloons. I smiled to my fullest, all my laziness flew away. I stepped out of my bed admiring the pink and white balloons spread all over my bedroom floor when my eyes caught a banner hanging with 'Happy Birthday Nandini' written on it and a scroll hanging just below it. I hurriedly opened it and started reading.

So my baby doll grew up a year older today eh?
You know when you were just 3 you saw a balloon vendor and you were so attracted to the balloons that once you got them you could not hold in your excitement. That entire day you were stuck with that balloon. Poor balloon...hehe kidding baba. Thus I thought of filling your entire room with balloons. Hope you like it.

And now coming to the point. Nandini, you were so small when I saw you first. Your tiny hands, your fingers which always remained closed in a fist, those chubby cheeks of yours and most importantly your beautiful smile....I adored everything and I still do and at that moment I was so happy cuz my baby sister was born! But you know Nandini after amma appa died na you lost that magical smile of yours and today I hope to see it back on your face. This would be a small return gift for me on your birthday. You will gift me your smile na?

Happy birthday princess!

Lots of love,
Your bhai

I could feel a stream of hot tears flowing from my eyes after I read that scroll remembering my childhood fondly. I wiped my tears with the back of my palm and a determination seeped through me. "Yes Bhai I will get your old nandu and her smile back" I promised myself with a determined smile and moved towards my closet to take out my clothes for the day which is going to be a difficult task.

I opened the cupboard to find a gift neatly wrapped gift sitting on the middle shelf. I excitedly took it and started opening it like a baby. As soon as I opened it i gasped.

"Wow! This is surely alia's work" I smiled to myself. Even this had a note with it.

Note

Heyya baby happy birthday!! I don't have much to say because words would not suffice if I start speaking about you so this small gift from my side which I hope you like.

PS: wear it for college if you like it

Alia

Aww such a sweetheart she is.

I opened the wrapper and found a pink crop top with birthday girl written on it and a denim hot shorts.

I was so in love with the outfit!

Oh and it also had black heel sandals along with it. It was cute and pretty at the same time.

Nandini's outfit (it is 18 instead of 21 there)

I changed quickly and applied some gloss on my lips with minimal make up and voila I was ready to go. I took my bag and phone and had just reached outside my door when my phone pinged. It was a message from mukti.

Message

Hey birthday girl! Wassup! Ready for your special day? Go down and you will find your driver waiting for you in his car.

My driver? Lets see.

I went down and saw a black car waiting for me. It was familiar to Manik's car so did manik come to pick me up? But then why would they say driver?

I approached the car and was about to sit behind when I heard the driver speaking.

"I am not really a driver nandu"

Manik? Oh yes its him. So he is my driver for the day. Impressive. I giggled at my own thoughts and made my way to sit ahead.

"Manik tum? Mukti toh said ki driver aayega" I asked confused. "Uh-ha I am your chaffeaur for the day madam and as far as what mukti said...well it is their way of taking revenge. Mujhe driver bana diya" his tone annoyed at the end. I giggled seeing his expression.

"Revenge?" "ha voh actually kal raat....you know I did not allow them to send time with you na on your birthday night and wished you first so..." he trailed off giving me a sheepish smile and I nodded. "Oh like that..." "yes like that" "so lets go now. I can't wait for my surprises" I gushed excitedly. "Whoa! Excited much!" he asked. "Yes! Very!" I replied. "Um nandini" "ha?" "you look hot" he complimented in a breath looking ahead on the road as if nothing happened while I sat there blushing. "Look behind....there's something for you" he told me. I looked behind to find a box of my favourite chocolates lying on the backseat. I fetched it beaming with happiness and thanked manik. "Thanks for the chocolates Mr. Malhotra" "oh my pleasure Ms. Murthy". The rest of the drive was silent as neither me nor manik made an attempt to talk.

We soon reached college. Manik parked his car and we moved out to find mukti there standing with her bike beside her. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Mukti why this bike?" "choti you always wanted me to give you a ride on my bike na but I never got a chance so today is the day" she said passing the helmet to me. "Really?" I was excited. She nodded.

I wore my helmet and settled myself behind her and soon we were off for my bike ride. Excitement was gushing through my nerves as the wind kissed my face and my hair flew in all directions. I noticed mukti taking me towards the back garden of the college and now I was keen to know what exactly was she upto. As soon as we reached the garden she stopped the bike and we got down.

"Mukti hum yaha kyu aaye hai?" I asked her. "Kyuki aaj humari baby doll ka birthday hai" aryaman answered instead of mukti. It was then that I saw everyone gathered in the garden, manik was there too. I wonder how he reached here so fast but then chucked the thought.

"Guys yeh sab?" I asked amazed when I saw a certain area of the garden decorated with flowers and a banner of Happy Birthday Nandini there. "Yes behena voh kya hai na we wanted to surprise you so that's why yeh sab" Cabir said. "Thankyou!" "are ab tum hume thanks bologi nandu" dhruv said this time side hugging me and I smilingly nodded in a no making others chuckle. "Acha ab chalo we need to cut the cake too" alia said taking my hand in hers. "Nandini...baby thanks for wearing my dress" alia said. "Alia I should thank you instead because this dress is so cute and pretty so thank you" "oh its not needed" she said dismissing my thankyou and dragged me to where the cake was placed. It was one beautiful chocolate cake with a cute picture of mine on it. I cut the cake and fed the first piece to Bhai. He hugged me wishing me a happy birthday and handed me a gift who was followed by manik, arya, Cabir,navya,mukti,dhruv and alia.

"So many gifts! Thanks guys" I gushed. "Whoa whoa easy there girl. There is one surprise yet pending from my side" aryaman said. "Again a surprise? What is it? Say na arya" I asked out of curiosity. "But arya we are done na toh ab what is left?" navya asked confused. "Wait na navya" he messaged someone and soon I felt a palm covering my eyes from behind and someone whispering in my ear. "Happy birthday munchkin!" the person whispered and I already knew who it was as a smile made its way on my already happy face.

Happy reading.
Do vote and comment!