Deep Bonds

Manik asked mukti to follow him and soon they were sitting in the terrace gazing at the beautiful night sky with a comfortable silence between them.

Mukti: ohhh......toh tujhe yeh kehna tha.....right! I got your point

Manik*confused*: huh?
Manik was utterly confused with mukti's behaviour. Mukti chuckled at his confused face and spoke further to clear out his confusion.

Mukti: manik agar tu mujhe baat karne bulaega aur khud hi chup baitha rahega toh fir mujhe hi kuch bolna padega na.....you know to break the ice.
Mukti joked but manik knew better. He knew that mukti was trying her best to hide her inner turmoil and act normal in front of him but manik could read her and he knew that she needed someone to vent out her feelings and he was definitely that someone for her right now.

Manik: you know mukti life never goes like we plan, it always goes like it has to with its ups and downs. These ups and downs na are a part of our life....infact an integral part. After every downhill there is an uphill....because something bad happened in your life you can't lose hope na....you have to fight....fight for your right. Now that's what we call life....isn't it?
Manik asked. Mukti gaped at him with wide eyes. She was confused, shocked and surprised all at the same time as she had never thought that she could have such emotional conversations with manik.

Manik: share it muku...pour your heart out...I am here to listen to you
'Muku' that's what manik called her whenever she needed her brother beside her. Manik was never a person who addressed people using nicknames, they were reserved for only some people and mukti was among those.

Mukti* avoiding eye contact*: no manik.....its...its nothing like that....I really have nothing to share
Mukti was still ascertain about opening up and sharing her dilemma so she chose to stay quiet but manik was adamant.

Manik: muku tu mujhe apna Bhai manti hai na toh share it na baba....I swear I'll try my best and sort it out but please share and yeah....I know its about Abhi
This came as another shocker for her but now she could no longer play strong and hence she decided to put forward all her dilemmas and open up to manik, maybe he could actually help her out. Mukti took a deep breath and started speaking.

Mukti: bhai I think I'm....I'm not over harshad yet
Manik was shocked with this confession of hers but composed himself and prepared himself to listen further.

At the beach

After nandini asked Abhi about what was bothering him about mukti Abhi was silent. He didn't know what to say or more precisely how to say.  He was himself confused then how could he explain nandini? His chain of thoughts were broken by nandini who was observing him since quite some time but now decided to speak.

Nandini: Bhai you can share
That was it. Taking this as a cue Abhi started speaking.

Abhi: nandu....I don't think mukti loves me....I mean ya she has accepted me as her boyfriend but not completely.....not from her heart and that's what is disturbing me that maybe she has accepted me forcibly and not by her own will and that really scares me nandu. I love her and I can't live without her....what if she leaves me....what will I do then? I will die nandu....I can't live without her

Nandini: shush Bhai....calm down...nothing of this sort will happen ok. Mukti is a sensible and very independent girl who never takes decision under some pressure so ya she is in this relationship by her own will and rahi baat apko accept karne ki toh Bhai she has had a broken relationship which she thought was love....she was depressed and was living on antidepressant pills Bhai so you can imagine how much affected she was. I think she's not sure about what she feels for you....maybe she is confused thinking what she has with you and what she had with harshad. She can't remove harshad so easily from her life na Bhai...its....its not easy to move on from a person with whom you have spent so much of your time thinking that you were in love.