16

Naruto POV

I heard the door open. I was expecting it to be Sasuke, but I wrong, as it was actually Kakashi Sensei. I was terrified as I knew he was going to talk to me about something serious, I just didn't know what. That might have been the most terrifying part.

"Naruto, I believe we have some things to discuss." He looked at me pulling a chair near my bed.

I looked down, gripping my blanket, and avoiding eye contact, "Yeah, I guess."

"Because of your current mental state and recent actions I think the best action for the academy to take would be to suspend you until you are in a better mindset." He said with a stern and serious voice.

This was surprising because, although I had known this was going to be a conversation I didn't wanna have, I think it would be this! "What?!" My eyes to tear up.

"I'm sorry Naruto but you obviously need some time to recover." His voice had almost no sympathy though I couldn't tell if it was just his voice or if he really didn't care.

"But I'll be behind everyone else! I'll have to graduate later than them!" I protested, though it didn't seem to have much affect.

"Yes, well Sasuke has agreed to bring you any notes we take and any physical training will be done with Iruka privately."

Though, this was the ideal solution I still got to see Sasuke, and even got to graduate on time. "Alright," I reluctantly agreed, "so when will I receive my first private lesson from Iruka?"

"Not for a while." He said obviously becoming uninterested in the current conversation.

"What?! Why?!" I may have overreacted a little bit, considering the answer was obvious.

"You're still healing, what you did was something that easily could have had someone in a coma for months, maybe even years! Consider yourself lucky." With that he stood up and walked out of the room. I thought about how he may have considered me being unconscious for a little amount of time lucky, but I did not.