7

Naruto walked in the classroom. Everybody stared at him. Though they didn't know about everything that happened to Naruto, they thought he was in the hospital because he was sick.
Sasuke POV
I watched as Naruto walked up the steps and to my surpise he sat by me. He hung his head avoiding eye contact with everybody, even me. He said "Hi." Is was so quiet. I could tell he wasn't okay. Everyone could. I said hi back. I knew he still wanted to die but...I did love him. I wasn't going to let that happen. Iruka sensei wouldn't let Naruto out of the classroom, for good reason of course. I stayed in the classroom with Naruto during lunch. We talked and got closer as friends. That was until Naruto asked the question Sasuke was dreading. "Sasuke were you serious she you said...you loved me?" I answered honestly. "Yes." He questioned me again. "Like...as a brother?" I answered with more honestly, hesitantly I said, "No." He looked slightly shocked but still he looked broken. He stopped faking happiness. It was sad, but at least now that we knew the truth we could help him. Then Iruka interrupted us. "Excuse me. Naruto we need to talk." His voice was shaky, I could tell he was going to cry.
Naruto's POV
I knew this was coming. But that didn't mean I wasn't scared, still I showed no emotion. It was a habit to hide my feelings. "Naruto as your sensei, we need to talk about your *ahem* b-behavior the other day." I could tell he was on the verge of tears. I made no eye contact. I couldn't. I already knew I was a disappointment. "Naruto because of...I-I must....I uh...um." I could hear him choke out every unfinished sentence. "NARUTO WHY?!" He finally broke out yelling. I sobbed silently still looking at the floor. "Didn't you ever think about the people who loved you?!"
"I-I'm sorry." I choked out quietly. Seeing Iruka like this made me want to die even more. "Promise me you'll never hurt yourself again." I stayed quiet. I didn't want to lie to him anymore. Still I just stared at the floor and cried. "Naruto." No answer. "Naruto!" No answer. "NARUTO!" He lifted my face up by my chin. Then he saw my face which was almost completely covered in tears. His face saddened. "Come on. Let's get back to class." I could tell he was disappointed. I wanted to cut. I wanted to die. He made me walk in front of him. I couldn't help but cry and clench my fist. My palm started bleeding. He started crying so it was obvious he knew I was doing that. We got to the classroom where everyone was just starting to get in. I sat by Sasuke. He stared at my palms which were still being clawed. He handed me a bandage in secret. I used them, I had to admit that I might have been falling for Sasuke. Still I just put my head on my desk waiting for the day to be over.