Chapter Twenty Four

+++++

Ryder's POV

I was right.

They went for Ember. I should have been with her to protect her. Yet another stupid mistake I made.

I trusted Jacob, and I still do. I had faith and hope that he will protect her until I find a way to her.

"We need Luke to track their phones, it might gives us a location," I say, but Ky was already ahead of me, dialling Luke's number.

Luke Perez. Luke had been apart of our group a while back before he graduated. Even though he was a few years older than us, we still keep in touch.

Now he was part of the FBI which came in handy whenever Jack sent one of his threats. I only wished I went to him sooner with this problem. 

"Luke, we need your help."

+++++

Ryder's POV

Flashback to the night at the club

"The fun has just began," he started with his irritating voice.

"It will end when I find you," I assured, annoyed at his confidence and determined to end this feud with my victory. 

How dare he think he could out smart me at my own game. Nice try, but I'm the best player there can ever be.

"Killing me won't solve your big boy problems," he teased, mockingly, "I heard you and Ember are becoming pretty serious now? Mind if I change that?"

"What part of 'stay away from her' don't you understand?"

"It's more implied to you than me," he retorts, thinking he's the man, "She's already hit second base with me."

"What-"

"Don't believe me? Here's some proof."

Within the next few moments, I received three new images from him. Three images of Ember and him, in one bed, without clothes.

"What kind of sick person takes pictures like this?" I ask, masking the hurt, but I couldn't tell if it was before or after we got together, "Oh wait, you do."

How could she not tell me?

I was furious at the fact that he had pictures of Ember without clothes, but wait caught my eye was how his hands were forcefully pressed against her arms, restraining her.

Wait. I looked again, down the bottom left corner was her top, the same top she wore the day we had that fight in Paris, when she asked for a break.

She didn't look like she was conscious. When she came back to our room, her clothes were torn, no words left her mouth, bruises covered her delicate body.

How could I not see it?

"What honestly happened that night?" I hissed, losing my patience, "What did you do to her?"

"She looks incredible tonight," he starts, ignoring my questions, "Maybe I can get lucky again?"

"He's here," I growled in anger, disconnecting the call, "Find Ember, take her back to the hotel-"

I stopped in mid sentence once I saw a man, caressing her waist, breathing down into her neck.

"It's too late."

+++++

Ryder's POV

Present time