Chapter Twenty Three

+++++

Ryder's POV

I admit I screwed up, bad.

Worser than bad.

I should have trusted Ember, listened to her, not walked away like I had.

I just-  

Seeing him, holding on to her like that- and I didn't even fight back, I just walked away. I was meant to protect my girlfriend, but instead I left her in hands of the enemy and look how that backfired on me. 

My fault, not hers. 

The tables have turned.

How could I be this stupid?

The only I don't understand is how Chloe 'fell in love' with me, I don't even talk to her much so I don't understand how that happened.

In anger, I wasn't thinking. How even did I end up with Chloe that night? I honestly couldn't remember anything after getting into Ember's room.

Why did everything have to be so messed up? Couldn't I just live a simple and happy life with Ember, in peace?

My chances with her have been blown, but there was some time to undo my mistakes.

I needed to protect Ember, no matter what.

"Jacob, go after Ember. Make sure she's okay, protect her," I instruct, "They'll go after her, knowing she's my weakness."

I hated how she was my only weakness, but I just couldn't help it. She is first true love.

"Also, tell Ky to stay with Chloe," I add, "Stay safe."

"Be careful yourself," he says, following my orders.

Nodding, he leaves. My hope of Ember's safety lied with him. Honestly, I wanted to be in his place, protecting her, but I knew this wasn't the right time. 

She doesn't want to see me right now, and I understand. But I know she trusted Jacob the most after me and Chloe, so I send him in her way, trusting him. 

I needed to know what happened last night, because all I'm hearing are lies and I was sick of it. I wanted everything to be as clear as crystal. 

I needed the truth.

+++++

Ember's POV

"Don't even try to defend him," I say, still wounded.  

I heard what he said, loud and clear. That was my proof that we weren't meant to be.

Things happen quickly, without knowing, it disappears within a blink of an eye.

Just like our relationship.

I always dreamt about Ryder and I being together, how perfect our lives would be, but now I'm reconsidering.

Chances are, I'm overreacting, but being hurt by someone you cared about for so long, will sting.

My whole life had been a twisted game. Someone was playing with me as their puppet. I was merely a doll to their collection.

"It's not why I'm here," Jacob starts but soon cut of by Charlie rushing behind him, panting heavily.

"Are you okay?" I asked, diverting my attention to him "What happened?"

Another thing to add to my list of worries. Everything bad happens within a one metre radius of me. 

Why?