Chapter Nine

+++++

Wow. 

Was I in a dream? Someone pinch me. 

I had always dreamt of kissing Ryder, being in his arms, but this surely felt like reality. 

 Breaking away from the enchanting kiss, I felt the night go by as a blur. I couldn't even remember how I got home, but the magnificent trance I was in was hard to forget. 

The good in my mood shows distinctively as I take a quick shower, trying to wash away the slight hangover after feeling. Getting dressed with simple shorts along with a grey top, adding a red unbuttoned shirt around my waist, and white converses on my feet to finish the look.  

Lost in my own little happy world, I become oblivious to my surroundings, letting my tipsy mood take control of my hips, allowing them to move with the music. I completely missed the fact that Ryder was leaning against the doorframe, watching me with pure amusement across his face.   

Not really bothering to acknowledge his presences, I pick out a pale pink stud, inserting it into my ear. A door closing shut followed by a feeling the presence of someone behind me, as the other pair found it's way into my ears without any effort.

I smiled as he clicked the butterfly, securing it from the stud to fall. We sway gently side to side as he places his hands on my waist. I felt my life slowly take hold of everything, letting me enjoy the present. 

This was perfect. 

"Hi," I giggle, as he takes my breath away while we danced slowly to the soft beat in the background.  

Frankly, I have never been in a position like this, the only time a boy came this close to me was when Jarred was about to abuse me for all the wrong reasons. Right now, I didn't feel scared, I actually felt relaxed, knowing I was safe in his arms. 

"You smell nice," he compliments, making me grin. I could already feel a goofy smile tugging on the corner of my lips, as I felt his head in the crook of my neck. 

"You do too."

A thought struck me as I let out a sigh, knowing that something as good as this won't last for long. Good things never last, ever.  

"Ryder-" I start of softly, but cut off when he turns me to face him, with a couple of inches gap between us, still leaving his hands placed on my hips, rocking us gently from side to side. 

Maybe this was going to be harder than I thought.

"Let's start fresh?" I suggest, locking eyes with him, as I continued, "Put all the mistakes behind us and begin a new chapter-"

 "No, because our past reminds us of how ended up as one."

I smile at his cuteness, not being able to let it go.

"Then I have some rules to add to this bet," I say sternly, hoping he would listen.

"You have my full attention," he says, relaxing his arms on my waist.

 "First rule, no lies or trying to make each other jealous, leading people on isn't my thing," I start of, waiting for his approval to continue, once he nodded, I spoke again, "Second rule, no using each other. I'm tired of being used."

I know those were some random rules but we needed to set them, I didn't want history repeating itself, telling me I haven't learned my lesson just yet.

He took a moment to process but then a smile appeared on his face, and he said he'd agree only if I agreed to his conditions. Oh great, I just hoped that this didn't backfire.