Chapter Thirteen

+++++

I wish things stayed forever the same, in a good place.  

Wouldn't it be wonderful knowing you had the dream life to come home to? Knowing that nothing bad can come your way ever again. 

I wish this was reality, but right now, it's just my dreams. 

But aren't dreams made to come true?

"Do you have any tattoos?" I asked Ryder, snapping out of my thoughts as we take a seat on the warm, green grass. Taking a sip from my soda, I almost get lost in my thoughts before he replies. 

"Yeah," he replied, "Wanna see?"

I nod, intrigued.

To be honest, I didn't know he had a tattoo till now. I could tell there was a story behind his tattoo as he rolled up his shirt halfway, pointing at his lower hip bone, on the left side.   

How could I miss it? 

On his hip bone was an owl, carefully detailed as it sat on a branch, with a moon to the side. Tracing my fingers gently over the owl, silently admiring it's beauty. 

"What's the story behind the owl?"

 I wanted to know, and even so, a lot of guys these days get tattoo's of scorpions, anchors, and other cliche ones, so I was intrigued by why he got an owl. Something different than the rest. 

"I got this when I just turned sixteen," he explains vaguely, "Started the night at a party then ended in a tattoo salon with Jacob. He got some birds whereas I got this, an owl."

"Do you regret it?" I say, almost a whisper as I looked back down at the owl. 

"No," he responded, I could tell he was being truthful by the tone of his words, "Do you like it?"

"I love it." 

He let his shirt fall freely back to it's original place, then turned to face me. His eyes hinting mischief as I couldn't read what his mind's intentions would be. 

"Want one like it? 

I stare at him with a dumbfounded expression, unsure on how to react. Did he just ask me to get a tattoo? I didn't know whether my parents would approve. 

 "I'll take that as a maybe," he chuckled noticing my silence as I nodded with a smile.

 But on the other hand, it was on my bucket list. I guess the appropriate thing to do was to call up my parents, asking for some permission.

I had never done anything against them, and I don't intend to. 

Ryder stood up first, extending an arm in my direction, lifting me of the ground. I picked up my empty soda can, and chuck it in the closest trash can I saw. 

"Where do you want it?" 

"Never really thought about it," I shrug, "Maybe the ankle? Or lower hip bone like yours?"

I felt his arm wrap around my waist, pulling me closer towards him. His hand grazing around my lower hip. A small tingle shot through my body, exploding everywhere, making me feel happy.

"It'll look better on your hip," he smiled, "You willing to go through with this?"

"Let me call my parents," I excuse, whipping out my phone and dialling my parent's number. 

Within a few rings, my dad picked up the phone, asking my well being and seeing if everything was alright. He then asked to talked to Ryder, which I had no idea what they were talking about but I assumed it was the protective dad talk.