Chapter Eighteen

+++++

It was past one o'clock in the morning by the time Ryder and I reached home. Ryder accompanied me to my room and offered to stay the night but I refused, I was okay being by myself tonight.

Just as I come out of my bathroom, a little tired, with the dress in my hands. I changed into something more comfy to sleep in than the dress. Ryder immediately pulled me to his side, wrapping his arms around me. 

"Just call and I'll come running," he whispered, leaving a few kisses starting from my ear, moving down to my neck. 

God, this was tempting.

I couldn't get enough of him, maybe I should let him stay the night?

"I should go," he whispered, and I nodded, feeling a little disappointed, seeming I actually did want to spend the night in his arms. 

Saying goodnight, I close the door and get into bed, letting my dreams overtake my consciousness. Blackness consumed me, and before I knew it, I was in dreamland. 

The night flew rapidly by as I woke up to a loud and irritating noise. To my surprise, I was in a good mood, not even frustrated about the sounds coming from downstairs.  Doing my morning routine in under fifteen minutes, I'm down the stairs, seeing what the noise was about.

"21 Jump Street?" I quirk, giving a rating, "Ten outta ten."

The ending was priceless.

"We're planning to go out for lunch soon," Charlie informed, "Ryder is in the kitchen."

Replying a quick 'okay', I head towards the kitchen to see Ryder leaning against the table counter, drinking some water.

"What a beautiful start to my day," he smiled, placing the cup down onto the counter and walking towards me, wrapping his arms around my lower back once again, taking me into his trance. 

"I could say the same," I smiled, pecking his lips.

+++++

"Ready?" Ky asked as we walked together into the living room, we nod.

"Where are we going?" someone asked. 

"Wherever we can find," another replied. 

Just as we were about to leave, my phone started to ring. I looked down to see the Caller ID had been an unknown number. I shrugged, about to press the Accept button when the caller disconnects the phone.

"Who was it?" Damon asked, but I shrugged. 

"Not sure."

Brushing it off, we split into two cars. Damon and Charlie had some work to do, telling me they would meet us there as long as Chloe or I texted the location.

Just as we drive off, I receive a text from the same unknown number.

Contact: Unknown

Unknown: Long time, no see?

Me: Who are you?

Unknown: You'll see in a few days.

Me: Don't ever text this number again.

I waited for another text but it never came so I just placed my my phone on my lap and tuned into the current conversation. Blowing away the frustration, I listen in on what everyone else was debating about. 

"Let's go there-"

"We should go there-"

"I know a place, it's a diner not too far from here," Ryder suggested, silencing everyone else.