Chapter Seven

+++++

"Did you know that Ryder Stone was back?" I couldn't help but overhear an overly-excited girl question her friend, her eyes lit with non other than excitement. 

I just wanted to let out the frustration that was building inside me, I swear it was eating me alive ever since school started just a few days ago. I can't believe the school had nothing else to talk about other than Ryder's arrival.

It's been only four days yet the whole school is still buzzing about how Ryder was back. Everyone kept asking how I ended up living with him, but the only question that circles my mind is;  

"How do people know I'm living with you?"

 How did people find out? I didn't tell anyone, but I've been asked by many girls how. This was the first time these people actually talked to me after the whole Jarred heartbreak phase.

"Calm down Em," Ky softly says as I take a seat in between him and Chloe, directly opposite from Ryder, "It's not a big deal."

 Ignoring his input, I glare at Ryder, furious at how many rude remarks I've been getting from other snobby girls.

"I didn't tell anyone," he truthfully says, making me reconsider who had spilled, "It's not really a big deal anyway, so why are you tensing about it?"

"Just because I keep getting hammered with all these questions from jealous girls," I retort, instantly wishing I could take part of that sentence back.

"Jealous girls?"

"Yeah, because apparently it's a privilege being in the presence of the great Ryder Stone."

I made sure to put extra emphasise on his name, just to get the point across. 

"The great?" he questioned with amusement. 

"Note the sarcasm?" 

An awkward moment went by as no one dared to speak a word. I still kept my glare, never breaking contact with him. The atmosphere tensed, bringing an uncomfortable feeling. 

"So..."

This was Jacob's attempt to start a new conversation. I didn't say it was a good way, but it did ease up the tension. 

"Aren't you going to ask me how I like this school?" Ryder asks, directing his question to me.

Letting out a sigh, I knew this little argument was pointless, and I was being worked up over something so little that it wasn't worth my time.

"Not feeling it."

"Looks like Em isn't in a good mood," Jacob implies in a sarcastic tone, making me roll my eyes. 

He was right that my mood was off, but I guess it was the stress getting to me.

"Let's do something exciting tonight," Ky suggests, a mischief grin spreading across his face, "You guys in?" 

"Yeah," everyone chorused, and I smiled, giving him a nod. 

Maybe this was what I needed to take my mind of things? 

And so, we spent the rest of lunch discussing ideas of what we could do, debating either to go out for a movie plus dinner or spend the night in at someone's house, away from here. 

+++++

Now packing my bag for the weekend, not really sure what to expect. 

Always expect the unexpected.