Chapter 9: Draw The Line

Hey, guys! A few years ago, I used to listen and watch this GaaSaku AMV - Draw The Line. This mostly relates to how Sakura is conflicted with her feelings towards Gaara and Sasuke. The video credit is by oOoBrokenHeartsoOo.

Anyways, please read & review!

Against A's superior lightning-based technique, which is capable of nullifying even the Chidori.

On the other hand, Sasuke activated his and used an incomplete wrapped in the inextinguishable black flames of Amaterasu technique to defend himself from the Raikage's attack.

Back inside the conference room, the rest of the Kages were still shocked about the sudden action that the Hokage made using the power of his right eye beneath the bandages.

"Calm down. It's not a doujutsu that I can use whenever I like," Danzo stated.

"I'll be the one to decide that. You're not the kind of person that can be trusted," Ao pointed out firmly.

"I cannot believe that a Byakugan was leaked. If there was a traitor within the hidden leaf's Hyuga clan, they will have been killed immediately," Danzo said lightly.

"You're surely planning of disposing of me now that I know your secret. But don't think it will be that easy to do," Ao warned.

"When that time comes, I'll fight. Since the jutsu that manipulated the 4th Mizukage and that eye power, most likely have some connection between them," Mei muttered lowly.

"Hokage, ninjustu is strictly forbidden here. You have broken our trust and to think that even if you didn't play your hand, I would have likely chosen you anyhow," Mifune lectured.

"The fact that it was what troubled me. For the sake of protecting the shinobi world, I plan on using whatever means necessary. The world is meant to be united, just as the first Hokage, Hashirama, once gathered the clans to create a village. This time it is time to gather all the villages and unite them into a single shinobi world. Yet, in this meeting, there was no unification into one shinobi world. Nothing changes when we waste time doing things morally. All that leads to is the "Akatsuki" crushing the shinobi world," Danzo explained.

"It takes time for dreams to come to fruition. If you rush things, you won't be able to see your own surroundings and end up failing miserably, which is where you're at right now. Well, that dream is just a useless talk after all. Even if you have good intentions, the consequences of those actions would only give birth to distrust, ill will, and hatred. Danzo, right now I can't even trust on what you say," Onoki sighed with disappointment.

"Whether there is trust or not, the consequences are necessary..." he reasoned out.

Gaara, on the contrary, was thinking about what they can do in order to protect everyone from the dangers that the Akatsuki may bring. He thought about his childhood with his father deeply and spoke out, saying. "If that's what the world is, if that's what the people are, then there is no future left for us. Sharing with one another, trusting each other, if we were to stop doing those things, the only thing left in this world would be fear. Acting without taking into account the ethics of the situation, to the current me, would be akin to accepting that you've all given up."

"You sure express such difficult things quite simply. Yet, you still know nothing about managing a village, kid," Onoki remarked with a smirk.

"What the hell d'you say, old man?!!" Kankuro questioned out loud with annoyance.

"Stop it, Kankuro! Even now, he's the Tsuchikage. He's the head of another village!" Temari prevented him from attacking the leader with her right arm held out.