Chapter 7: Newsflash

There will be GaaSaku moments later on in the chapters. After this, the next one will be. :)

Anyways, please read & review!

"What...?!" Sakura was stunned at the moment.

"Yeah. He was protecting Sasuke while Karui was beating him up. Although, Naruto still didn't tell her about Sasuke and he told me not to tell you because he didn't want you to worry," Sai explained.

"Naruto..." the pink-haired kunoichi stared off into space melancholy.

"He went to ask the Raikage to forgive Sasuke. It's probably useless, though," Sai said.

"Why would he do that?! Isn't Kakashi with him?" Shizune questioned in peculiar.

"Well, Kakashi has faith in Naruto. I think he wanted to give him a chance even if it's useless. I only became part of your team recently when I replaced Sasuke, so I don't really know everything that's going on. I don't really understand people, either. But I don't know what promises he made to you, Sakura. However, even I can tell that...." Sai paused to take a breath and directly stated. "That Naruto is in love with you!!"

Sakura's eyes startled in astonishment and began to recall back the time where Naruto was making promises to her that he will do everything he can to bring back their friend.

FLASHBACK:

"I know you love Sasuke. I know how much you're suffering right now. I feel it, too. I swear I'll bring him back. I promise," the blonde-haired ninja grinned widely while he was recovering from his bruises.

END OF FLASHBACK

Back in the present time, the pink-haired kunoichi was crying in grief with her tears streaming down her face.

"Sakura..." Shizune murmured softly as she looked at her sympathetically.

"Naruto's been shouldering that promise for a long time. I think he means to shoulder it for the rest of his life. I don't know what you said to him, but it's just like what's been done to me. It feels like a curse mark..." Sai stated quietly with a stern look, much to her shock. He continued on, saying. "Sasuke causes Naruto to feel more pain, but I also think you do as well..."

With that being said, Sakura stood frozen in her spot where she was traumatizing on what was happening to the team. Nevertheless, she was trying to gather her thoughts around.

Meanwhile, in the summit, Mifune has suggested that the five alliance would benefit everyone to fight against their upcoming enemies and protect everyone from danger.

"The only host left is the leaf village's Nine-Tailed Beast. I think it will be the key to all of this," he said strictly and asks. "What do you say? Will you allow the Hokage to lead?"

"What?!" Raikage A bolted upright from his seat in fury.

"Wha?!" Onoki exclaimed in disbelief.

"No... This can't be good..." Gaara said in mind with his eyes narrowed at him.

"If you'll have me, I'd be honored to take the position," Danzo noted.

"Why him?! He is the embodiment of the darkness of the ninja world! We cannot trust him!" Raikage A pointed out.

"Then who?!" Mifune asked quietly.

"No one from our village is involved in the Akatsuki, so I am the only one trustworthy enough to-" Raikage A didn't get to finish his sentence as he got interrupted.

"I do not agree," Mifune refused.

"What?!" Raikage A questioned in confusion.

Mifune raised up his finger to point at where the outrage had ensued in front of the table and said. "It's true that some amount of emotion and power is necessary to lead so many strong warriors. But someone like you who lets his emotions control him will destroy the alliance as surely as destroyed that spot right there. I'm simply offering my suggestion as a neutral party. The Kazekage is too young to lead. The other countries will never accept it, even addressing him as a Kazekage is difficult for some."

Although, the moderator has good and clear points about each leader who cannot take the responsibility of leading every shinobi to form the five-country alliance. But they have to find someone who is capable and willing to take part, which is the only way to save themselves. Since Akatsuki are already making their move, they need to be completely aware of the fact that their next final target is none other than Naruto Uzumaki.

"It's only right that the Hokage should undertake this," he advised.

"Argh! I refuse to be part of any of this crappy alliance that would require my village to reveal its intentions," Raikage A argued in a growl.

In one of the leaf village's training grounds, the rest of the leaf squad were gathered in a circle where Ino was crying her eyes out while Choji was comforting her on her back.

"Quit crying, Ino!" Kiba scolded.

"Kiba, don't talk to her like that! Ino is hurt and of course, she still cares about Sasuke," Tenten retorted back defensively.

"What else can we do?! It's not like it was before!" Kiba reasoned out.

"Are you sure? If Ino's like this, Sakura and Naruto will also be the same," Shino pointed out.

"Let Shikamaru deal with it. He'll be able to explain. Besides, he failed in his first duty as a team leader. He must feel some responsibility. That's why he offered to go talk to them," Neji stated.

Everyone else was standing and wondering how their longtime friend could ever commit such crimes of even murdering someone from a different village. It wasn't even a surprise for Kiba and the others since they knew that this would happen at some point. The elders have been planning to eliminate Sasuke. However, for Sakura, her perception of him is beginning to shift.