Chapter 2: First Impressions

This is the second chapter and I'm working on the other chapters to make sure the story line is in order. I'll be finishing this story as soon as I can without postponing or delaying. If anything happens, I'll notify you all. 

Anyways, please read & review! :) 

On that day, Naruto was walking down the streets while thinking about his other friends going onto their missions. He didn't know what he was supposed to do for the week and decided to go and asked Shikamaru for some advice at the Chunin Exam Preparatory Committee Building. 

"Bah... As I said, it's troublesome, but I have to sort out the entrants for the chunin exam. I know we have a sort of friendship thing and I'd like to help you out. Unfortunately, there's just no way I can do what I want either. It's Lady Tsunade's orders. You'd think I get enough nagging from my mother," the leaf jounin leader explained. 

"In that case, I'll give you a hand," Choji called out behind them and held out the wrapping box in front of him. "Hey, Shika. Here's the lunch your mother ask me to bring you."

"Choji!" Naruto exclaimed in surprise.

"You sure you can say that so easily? Don't you have a mission with Asuma-sensei and Ino?" Shikamaru queered. 

"Come on, we can't just ignore Naruto's request. I'll try to talk to Asuma sensei about it," Choji said kindly. 

"Yash! Thanks a lot!" Naruto gave him a thumbs up.

"Even if you said it to Asuma-sensei, he'll still say no. He has lady Tsunade's standing over him, after all," Shikamaru pointed out. 

Suddenly, someone's hand pulled a scroll out of their pocket and slid it open, along with a paintbrush. 

On the other hand, Chojji ignored Naruto's comment about him being a fatass when he unleashes his power that increases the size of his fist to counterattack the ambush behind him. The blonde-haired ninja's eyes narrowed at the tiger clawing its way towards them, whereas Choji pummeled his fist through the form, which splashes several blotted inks everywhere. Though, another animal figure appeared in front of them, but then was once crushed into drops of ink by his fist again. 

"Over there..." Shikamaru muttered lowly as the three of them were facing the far distance to where the mysterious ninja was sitting on the slanted wooden roof. 

"I've never seen him before. He's wearing a leaf headband!" Naruto described as he squinted his eyes to further examine. 

"That came from nowhere... I have no idea what he's doing, but that guy needs to be captured and handed over to the interrogation squad!" Shikamaru stated firmly. 

At that moment, the ninja continues to paint the blank scroll with the heavy strokes quickly, much to their alarm.

"I'll cover you! Go, Naruto!" Shikamaru ordered.

"Got it!" The blonde-haired ninja said as he began to charge forward without hesitation. 

"Ninja Arts: Great Beast False Image," the leaf ninja said monotonously. He then releases the three animal figures out to attack him from the bottom of the ground. 

Naruto stood frozen on his spot with a glare towards them to perform his own technique. 

"Naruto, get down!" Shikamaru warned as he extended his own shadow to cut the pieces of the animal parts that was now currently dripping. 

On the contrary, the blonde-haired ninja jumped in the air and landed on top of the roof to confront the mysterious ninja, where they both clashed their two kunai knives at the same time. "Who the hell are you?" 

"You're fairly weak. So what do you have between your legs?" The leaf ninja asked with a fake smile. 

"I said... Who are you?" Naruto asked repeatedly in irritation. 

Then, both of them stepped a jump back after they collided their weapons with one another. 

"We'll meet again, Naruto..." The leaf ninja said lightly, then he noticed a shadow lurking beneath his feet to grab him, so he disappeared rapidly in a swirl of flames.

During the day back in the Hokage tower, Lady Tsunade was informing one of the leaf jounins to take Kakashi's place to lead the members on the upcoming mission. 

"That's how it is. I'm telling you this right now. Remove the mask since this is only a regular task that you will need to complete. Not an ANBU Black OPS duties that you always work on," the fifth Hokage instructed while crossing her hands together. 

"I understand," the leaf jounin nodded. 

"Oh, and also... There is one new member that is assigned to Team Kakashi. Please keep an eye on him. He is something else which Danzo had recommended," Tsunade advised carefully. 

"Alright, ma'am. As you wish," he replied back and left the office.

Later on, Naruto and Sakura had met up with the leaf jounin who is their new leader for their new mission.

"My name is Yamato and I would be taking Kakashi's place as your sensei for now," he introduced himself and continued on. "But first, there is someone that I would like you to meet." 

Both of them looked at the person with different reactions that they have on their faces. 

"Oh my god! It's you again!!" The blonde-haired ninja pointed his finger shockingly at the leaf ninja, who smiled at him. 

"Naruto, did you guys met each other?" Yamato asked surprisingly. 

"Sorry about earlier. I was only testing my abilities to fight correctly and gladly be part of this team. I didn't know I was going against an ally with no balls," the leaf ninja said smiling. 

"What did you say?!!!" Naruto fumed in rage, whereas Sakura was restraining him from trying to hurt the new member. 

"Hey! Calm down! He's our teammate now!" The pink-haired kunoichi said, then she stared at the leaf ninja to point out. "You are not that nice..."

"Hmm. Well, I like people like you, ugly," he said still smiling in amusement. 

"Ahh!! Cha!!! What did you say?!!" Sakura questioned fiercely while Naruto was holding her back as well from punching him. 

"Anyway, let's move on. Shall we? Please introduce yourselves to each other," Yamato instructed. 

"Naruto Uzumaki," the blonde-haired ninja clenched his teeth in annoyance. 

"Sakura Haruno," the pink-haired kunoichi clenched her teeth in irritation. 

"My name is Sai," the leaf ninja said smiling. 

Both of them were narrowing their eyes towards him, which they were having their first impressions that he's very bothersome. Of course, they will be spending their time together, not as a team, but also as friends. Well, that's what Sai was thinking to himself.