Chapter 5

"Jennie! Come eat with us!" Chaeyoung shouted from the outside of our section's room, sticking her head on the door.

"Not, in the mood, Chae. Sorry."

"Aw, c'mon, Jennie! Don't be a party pooper." Chaeyoung finally went inside the classroom and wiggled my arm.

"I told you already, I'm not in the mood." I lashed out which made Chaeyoung stopped and let go of my arm.

I think Chaeyoung understands from that, that today is not my day. I am mostly the sentimental in their group. The one who initiate the hi's, the waves, the fun, the things to do, the hugs, the skinships. I am the affectionate one.

But today, I am far from that. I didn't greet anyone when I came to school, not even teachers. I slowly and silently walked to the room with my earphones on. I suddenly became the quiet one. No hi's, no waves, no fun, no hugs, no skinships, and no Jennie that they knew.

"Alright. Just, message me if you need anything from me. You know that I am always your best bud when it comes to this situations, right?" But Chaeyoung only recieved a nodded me.

That's enough for Chaeyoung, because she knew that I will always tell her my problems at the end of the day.

After Chaeyoung left, I then broke down, like totally.

I had enough. I had enough of everything.  I knew that her friendship with Lisa is slowly fading. The only thing that keeps me from feeling alive is fading.

That kept me awake for the past few days. How am I going to live when Lisa is the only person that keeps me from slipping away. Lisa is the one that can help me on facing people, dealing with people.

Lisa once told me,

"I can not be your only friend, Jen. I can disappear from you anytime. No one is permanent to one's life. You need to get out of your box and socialize with people. I am only here at your back, supporting you. And if one day, you'll have friends other than me, I'll be the happiest."

I should've do what Lisa said. Because now, I am near to have no one friends with. 

I looked at my wrist watch to check if some of my classmates may come in any minute.

20 minutes before time. They're all probably on their way here.

After wiping the beads of my tears that fell on my cheeks, I plastered a smile that I always did, then went out.

I passed by the other section's room. It is barely empty. Barely.

There's Kim Jisoo.

She's on her seat, laptop infront of her. She's typing no-stop and her forehead is creased.

I wondered why Kim Jisoo is alone in the room when Chaeyoung and her friends are out for lunch.

Why do I care?

I just shrugged and was about to walk passed the room when Jisoo looked up from her laptop and her gaze reached mine.

"Oh, Hi, Jen. You're not with Chaeyoung?" I shooked my head as a response to Jisoo.

"How about you? You're not with Chaeyoung neither. Why?" I asked. Jisoo stood up and walked towards me, which is outside the room, by the door.

"I usually just eat inside the campus or buy food ahead of time and just eat here. And I have to finish the monthly accomplishments report of my handled organization." Jisoo answered and smiled at me.

I didn't know that Jisoo's smile is this beautiful.

"Oh, I forgot that you're the SocSci org president. Goodluck on your report." I said and returned a smile. "Thanks, Jennie." She replied.

Silence.

"Uhm, I think I should go. Goodluck again, Jisoo." She nodded and smiled. I walked towards the restroom just behind their room.

I looked back to Jisoo and saw that she's still there, watching my movements.

She scratched her nape and smiled at me again.

Cute.