Chapter 4

"Jennie Kim, Lalisa Manoban... 89 points for you both." Ms. Jung announced. Lisa and I high-fived. We know it's not that high. But atleast we got more than 85. That's what matters.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, Im Nayeon... 87 points. Work harder on the next project. I kind of gave you both a consideration since both of you are one of the top students in your class." I looked at Nayeon before telling her that they did a good job.

"And last, Park Sooyoung and Yook Sungjae... 95 points. I did not expect from the both of you to get this high. But keep up the good work." I looked at Joy and saw how pissed she looks like.

Well, Joy is not that straight-A student but if she really focuses, which is quite seldom, she excells it.

Everyone in our class is not the straight-A students which everyone expected us to be since we study on one of the prestigious schools in our place. In our class, fun is more important.

Much different from the higher class, the one beside our room. The one where Chaeyoung is in. They prefer studying than chilling. Well, from my perspective. I never really asked Chaeyoung what it is to be in the higher section.

Just. I'm contented with what I have, where I am in.

"The upcoming tests are just a week away, study with all of your might. This is your last year already. Ace all of your tests to get in your dream universities for college. I'll be gone for two or three days. While I am gone, study all the lessons I discussed. That's all, goodbye." Ms. Jung left our room. Right after she left, the whole class whined.

"Can we just go back to freshmen year? I need a break from all of this." Bae Suzy, the oldest in our class complained.

"Tired of being so old, huh?" Junghwa teased Suzy. "Yah! I didn't do anything to you, Junghwa."

"Whatever you say, oldie." Junghwa teased her again but this time, with her tounge sticked out.

"Argh, I'm going to kill you, Junghwa!" Suzy threatened Junghwa but Junghwa only sent her a flying kiss.

This is our class. My home for almost four years now.

"What are you thinking?" I was startled by Lisa poking my left cheek. "Nothing."

"Hmm. Nothing huh." She said and sit comfortably on her chair.

"Where's Nayeon?" I asked when I saw the empty chair on my right.

Lisa looked at me. "Hmm. Probably with Jeong-ie."

"Jeong-ie?"

"Yeah, that Jeongyeon's new nickname. They made it last friday. During lunch." She answered before going back to her phone.

Last friday?

"Oh, you mean the lunch where you left me here? All alone." I said. Lisa looked at me, and then back to her phone.

"I didn't left you. They told me that you said that you don't want to. So, I went with them. I wouldn't force into something you don't want." She said.

"I didn't come with them because I don't want to. I didn't because of you."

"Because of me? How come?"

"You really don't know? You told me that you're not in the mood to eat. So I stayed with you despite of my hunger. When I told you that I'm just going to go at the rest room, they asked me if want to eat lunch with them. But I turned it down, thinking about you. Because you'll be left alone here. But when I came back. Hell, you're the one who left me."

"Wait, wait. Why are you making this a big deal?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I've had enough of you, Lisa. I've had enough of being your shadow. Being at your back, always."

"Are you tired of our friendship?"

"I don't know, Li. I don't know." I looked at her eyes while saying that.

She was about to say something when Dahyun, a year below us called her from the outside.

"Got to go. Let's talk later, Nie. And, eat lunch with Chaeyoung, I'll be with Dahyun and Chaeyoung, the Son one. Bye." She said before storming out of the room.

I looked around the room, most of my classmates are still inside, probably because Ms. Jung dismissed us half an hour early from schedule.

The room is quite messy. Noisy, if you may add. I don't know how I didn't heard all of these noises when I was arguing with Lisa.

The whole room is currently alive, kicking. I suddenly feel outcasted, being the only down at the moment.

I decided to walk outside, to breathe.

No, no, Lisa and I will not be broken. We are better than this. Our friendship is st--

"Yah, Kim Jisoo! You'll pay for that!" I looked at the voices, laughing.

It's Chaeyoung and her other squad, Seulgi, Jisoo and Wendy.

"Seulgi bear, you'll never catch me, oldie." Kim Jisoo blurted.

Wendy and Chaeyoung on the other hand, are taking photos of the two.

Right, candid memories.

"Jisoo! Jisoo! Jisoo!" Wendy cheered when Seulgi catched Jisoo. "Wooo! Kim Jisoo, FIGHTING!" Chaeyoung added.

I suddenly feel envy. It has been awhile since Lisa and I became like that.

Kim Jisoo is always the better Kim between the two of us.

Brains, beauty, family, friends. While me, I don't have the brains, I have a mediocre beauty, my family is pretty messed up, and I only have Lisa as my bestestfriend, but our friendship is currently on the line.

I remembered how my mother always conpared me to Jisoo back during sophomore years.

Maybe, I am meant to be the worst Kim.