CHAPTER 84: DICE

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What?" I asked, shoving my hands into my pockets messily. "Can't a guy check on someone in peace?" I huffed, looking to the side as Papyrus put his hand onto my shoulder. Mettaton stood there, fiddling with his thumbs.

I can't think at the moment. My mind is in shambles. Where is this second me coming from? The hate? That wouldn't be possible unless Chara herself was—

"SEE? SHES OKAY." Papyrus said, in a somewhat calming tone of voice, despite his loud nature. "NOW, LETS GET THESE BACK INTO YOU! LETS GET YOU BACK ONTO THE COUCH!" Papyrus said, guiding me back to the couch, one hand on my back.

"Honestly, Sans. I could start a drama starring you. I would get TONS of views." Mettaton fanned himself and rolled his eyes, eyeing me a bit.

"Not interested." I grumbled, sitting on the couch and watching Papyrus get the needles together to put them back into my soul for the remainder until Alphys gets back to check up on my well being. Papyrus sighed and looked at his idol with reassuring eyes as Mettaton scoffed at my response.

"SORRY METTATON! MY BROTHER DOES NOT LIKE INTERACTING WITH PEOPLE MUCH!" He tried to say as cheerful as he could, slightly giving me the eye to 'be nice' or something along those lines. I huffed and rolled my eyes as he fiddled with them more. "GOOD THING ALPHYS LEFT ME AN INSTRUCTION BOOK TO FOLLOW! OR I WOULD BE COMPLETELY LOST!" He laughed a bit, using his big hands to work such tiny needles.

"You don't need to say it like tha-" I started to mumble under my breath. "OUCH! PAPYRUS!" I hissed in pain as he roughly put the needle in my soul. "Careful now" I said, looking at his expression.

"Darling, is YOUR fault for taking them out." Mettaton defended him. "Honestly, the audacity, Darling!" He said, whipping his scarf back around and strutted towards Papyrus. "Are you alright, darling?" He asked Papyrus slowly and coolly.

"Shut your horse trap, Mettaton." I snapped at him. "Nothing but shit comes outta there anyways." I snarled as Papyrus gently put the rest in. An offended gasp from Mettaton sounded Papyrus as I looked at the back of the couch, rather than him and Papyrus.

"BROTHER!" Papyrus cried, looking up, surprised. It sounded more of a complaint and yet another sign. Mettaton was grinning behind him, as he looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"I got it! I got it! Be nice!" I raised my hands up in defeat as Papyrus began to stand. "In my defense, that was being nice. I could have said something even more awful to him. He's lucky I didn't." I narrowed my eyes as I looked at Mettaton while Papyrus turned.

"At least I'm out of bed before noon, Darling." Mettaton retaliated, obviously taking a punch at my condition and my stamina. "I don't know what I would do if I couldn't! My reputation! Oh.. that's right. You don't have one to keep, Darling." He kept himself from saying anything more, knowing it would upset Papyrus if he really insulted me.

"WOULD YOU TWO QUIT FIGHTING?! IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE BOTH TREATING IT LIKE A GAME!" Papyrus complained, looking from Mettaton, to me, and back to Mettaton. "I DO NOT LIKE IT WHEN MY FRIEND AND BROTHER FIGHT." He looked at me again with sad eyes at my condition. "HOW ARE YOU FEELING?" He asked.

"Feelin' spiffy." I said, winking a bit. In all honesty, It hurt, really bad. And these nightmares— I don't know what I'm going to do about them. This other Sans really scares me.

"AND METTATON—" Papyrus began to say, before the wooden door Frisk was behind swung open suddenly, her body rushing out and her hair was messy.

She was breathing heavy, and pointed to the TV. "DICE!" Was all she said, and I looked at her with confused eyes.

Dice? As in the game pieces? There's a Mafia named Dice if I could remember.

"CHECK THE DAMN NEWS!" Frisk yelled, causing me to jump and quickly snatch the remote off of the coffee table, despite it hurting very much.

"You alright..., kiddo?" I asked, looking at Frisk, who was staring at the blaring TV with scared eyes. "You seem a bit spooked." I asked her. She wasn't paying any attention.

The news flipped on, and the regular weather report showed. A Sunny sky with a cold front whipping by soon. Afterwards the regular update of the Mafias and crime around the country. Nothing special.

Frisk grabbed her forehead and sighed. "I'm ... going back to sleep." She groaned, walking slowly back to her room.

"That's a no no there, kiddo." I said, causing her to stop in her tracks. "What was that all about?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. "I think you gave us all a scare. Now we need an explanation." I said.

She looked around the room for a bit. Rocking on her toes and running her fingers through her short hair. "I.. uh." She shuddered, looking at Papyrus and Mettaton with worry.

"I promise. I'll always be by your side."

"Here, come on." I said, taking out the needles once more. Papyrus took in a breath, as if he were to object, I cut him off. "Listen, it's not going to hurt me if I take them out for a little while. I'm going to talk to her and then put them back on." I said to him, and her closed his jaw. He furrowed what should have been his eyebrows and looked at me again. "I promise." I finally said.

"OH ALRIGHT." He said, walking into the kitchen with Mettaton.

"Here, kid." I said, leading her back into the room she just ran out of. She walked in first, I cut the lights on after I walked in, and shut the door.