The End

*only a preview
Full story on Dreame.com

*Riley Preston

I take Tyson and Dyson to the underground safe room and I leave them with Jules, one of the pack doctors. I make sure that all the women, elderly, and children, including the triplets, are in the safe room before I lock it up.

The safe room is like a bank safe. It's a room made out of metal with no windows, only small vents where the air goes in and out. The safe room is packed with supplies, like bottles of water and canned foods; you never know how long you'll be in there. There is also medical supplies, medicines, pillows, blankets and a restroom. The room is locked through the outside with a security code so no one can leave until one of the Alphas comes and puts in the code.

I leave the safe room and I arrive at the pack house only to get ambushed by Hunters. I, quickly, shift into my wolf.

'Nikki, where are you?' I question. Since we're mated, we can communicate when we need to. 'Nikki, please wait for me. I just need to pass some Hunters.'

I bite into another Hunters' neck as he jumps towards me.

'I'm sorry, Riley, but I have to finish this now. I will find you when it's over. I love you.' Nikki replies.

'No! Nikki, please! Wait for me. I love you, too. We'll fight this together.' I plead as more Hunters start showing up.

'I'm sorry, Riley.' She blocks me out.

F*ck! Why now?!

I take out all my anger on the Hunters who are dressed in all black, like ninjas, with knifes and swords.

Dad and Alpha Dalton are taking down more Hunters than most pack members.

Everyone is working in pairs. No one fight alone.

Both packs are fighting and, luckily, no one has gotten killed.

I hear an explosion and I look to see that the roof of the pack house on fire.

I hear paws running toward us.

Wildcats appear from all directions. They are the same wildcats that surrounded Nikki when she shifted.

I see a familar looking cougar look at me and nod his head before he jumps into the battle as well.