Elders

• Dedicated to All My Fans and Voters

*Riley Preston

I wake up on Sunday morning to find three little boys jumping on my bed.

"Guys, stop. I'm tired. I was in pain last night and I don't even know why." I groan.

"Wake up, Bro. We have a meeting with the Elders." Ryan explains. He slides into my room, grabbing the triplets in his arms.

"Fine. Let me just take a shower first." I sigh.

They leave my room, shutting the door behind them.

After taking a shower, I dry my hair and walk into my room with a towel around my waist.

Sitting on my bed was Stacey, the pack slut.

"Get the f*ck out of my room, Stacey. I've told you to stay out of my room. You can't just walk into someone's room like you own it." I fume.

No, I didn't hook up with Stacey. Hard to believe but I'm actually a virgin. Yes, I've had girlfriends but I never slept with anyone. I want my mate to be my first. Damn, I sound like such a girl.

Anyway, I have never slept with Stacey or dated her and I never will. She's just a power hungry, gold digging, slut.

"Riley, I just want to show you how much fun we can have together." She licks her lips.

"I'm not interested." I state.

"Everyone is always interested in me." she smirks.

"When then go find 'everyone' because I can insure you that 'everyone who is interested' is not in my room."

"Just watch, you'll be begging for me soon." She hisses, walking out.

I just roll my eyes and walk to my dresser.

Since I know that will be busy today, I slip on some red basketball shorts and a black cut off sleeveless shirt.

I walk down stairs after grabbing my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and placing it in my short's pocket.

"Morning." I greet some of the pack members gathered in the kitchen.

"Morning, Riley." Some of them reply.

I grab an apple before heading to my dad's office.

Walking into the office, I see Dad, Ryan, Rudy, the Elders, the beta, Ray, and the third-in-command, Julian.

The Elders are men who are like a council. If any pack is having problems, the Elders come together and discuss how to solve the problem.

The Elders are Drake, Lucas, Adam, Nate, Kevin, Brandon, Kyle, Keith, Calvin, Daniel, Dason, and Jules. They are all from different packs.

Dad's office is huge so space is no problem.

My grandpa, my dad's dad, Drake, is an Elder.

"Sorry, I'm late." I apologize.

"It's fine, we were just starting. I heard you found your mate, Riley." Grandpa Drake says.

"Yes, he has. That's one of the things that we have to discuss because apparently she's only Riley's mate, not Ryan's. Let's start the meeting with that." Dad suggests.

We all sit around a large round table that has been set up in the middle of the room.

"We are twins. Twins always have the same mate so how come we don't?" Ryan cuts in.

"We have never heard of twins with different mates." Elder Nate says.

"I've read about this but it can't be." Elder Keith mumbles.

"What have you read?" I ask, leaning on the table.

Instead of answering, Elder Keith starts digging around in his backpack. He brings out a wide black leather book.

It's our Lycan history book. All Elders have a copy.

"Does everyone have there copies with them?" Elder Keith asks.

The Elders take out their copies. Elder Dason shares with Rudy. Elder Jules shares with Ryan. Elder Brandon shares with Ray. Elder Kevin shares with Julian. Grandpa shares with Dad and I share with Elder Keith.

"Open it up to page 343." Elder Keith instructs. "It says here that there will be one set of twins that will not have the same mate but it never said when. The youngest twin's mate will be unique. The mate will save the werewolf world from a great evil. The mate will be a broken soul inside but is not one that can't be fixed. The mate will use all the pain it's been through to fight the great evil. Only then will she be able to be free from the pain that has been keeping her in darkness." Elder Keith reads.

There is a picture of a dark shadow surrounding a forest and all you can see in the shadow is bright blue eyes shining out from the shadow.

"I don't understand. How can she defeat a great evil by herself?" Dad wonders.

"The mate will look fragile and small but will become very powerful four months after their eighteenth birthday." Elder Lucas reads from the book.

Through everything, I just stay silent, thinking.

How is it possible for Nikki, my mate, to defeat something that we've never seen or heard of before.

She's so small that I want to keep her from the world to protect her. If it's true, then it means she's been through a lot of pain. Maybe the pain from last was hers, not mine.

"Riley, are you okay?" Ryan questions.

I ignore his question, "How do you expect me to let my mate fight something that we have never in countered before? How do I know that she will survive after using her energy to save our world, a world that she doesn't even know about yet? How do I know that I'll be able to survive the pain of seeing her fight alone? How do I know that I will be able to survive if she gets hurt? How do I even know if she's the one who is suppose to fight this evil? How do I know that I will be able to say that 'I love you' to her afterwards? How do I know that I will be able to live the rest of my life with her by my side? How do I know if I'll ever be able to see mini hers and mini mes running around? How do I know?!" I yell, angry tears streaming down my cheeks.

Dad, Grandpa, Ryan, and Rudy look at me with sad eyes.

"Riley, it's fate." Elder Adam whispers.

"Why? Why my m-mate?" I question, not expecting an answer. "I never thought fate could be this cruel."

I run out of the office, out of the house, and into the woods.

My chest burns with pain. Pain that I know is mine. Pain that I hope that Nikki doesn't feel. I know this pain is not as painful as the life my mate has lived, though.

My wolf, Dominic, stops at a small lake, deep in the woods. He throw his head back and howls. The howl is filled with so much pain and suffering.

I stay at the lake until night surrounds me. I then run towards my mate's house and sleep outside in front of her window, unseen.

Knowing that she's close relaxes my wolf, but the pain of knowing that I can't protect her won't fade from my chest.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S. I changed Nikki's character. I also changed her photo on the third chapter. Go to cast members to check it out. Until Next Time!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Anallely ♧