Chapter XIV: Skin Deep

Start from the beginning

Angel would make sure he didn't under cook the fuckers.

Dante

I groaned in pain as my wrist twist uncomfortably in the rope. Excruciatingly my body writhe in all sorts of pain.

Suppressing a cry, I bit deep into my lip and closed my eyes. I could feel the tightening in my chest as I heard the loud sounds of shoes against the floor.

What were they coming to do now?

Fear coursed through my being and I found it very hard to control the tears welling in my eyes.

They had done so much to me already. From beating on me, to torturing me with inhuman devices.

What could they possibly do now?

Behind the door, I heard the silent jingle of keys. Within a second there was a loud clack sound.

My heart pounded in my chest when I heard the boisterous laughter of men. It sounded like there were a lot of them. A lot of them.

Everything outside the door quieted down, and the pounding of my heart was the only thing my ears were picking up on.

Tears uncontrollably blurred my vision and my bottom lip trembled.

Even in my blurry vision, I looked around the deteriorating gray paint on the walls. The muck and mold staining the floors. No windows what so ever in this small crammed room.

It was always dark in here, and it was rare ai was let down from my post. Which was being tied up by a rope that was screwed into the wall and tied around a bolt. The chances of me escaping were inevitable.

This was what scared me most.

Through my blurred vision, still unable to hear anything besides my heartbeat. A group a men stepped into the room.

Each one of them wore black. A black coat. A black shirt. And black slacks.

Their faces were completely exposed to me.

One of them stood out of the group.

Only because he didn't look as malevolent as the men that surrounded him. But you could never judge a book by its cover. Then again, there was this far off look in his eye that angered me.

A loud sob that I wasn't aware of left my lips and my cries became those unable to stop.

I trembled with a new profound fear.

What could they do? I cried.
What more can they do!?

" Can somebody shut that bitch up?!" One of them requested angrily.

My cries only seemed to get louder.

All of the sudden a hard hand came down to my face.

My cheek stung. It stung like being dumped into ice water. It felt like I was stabbed in my cheek and honestly I didn't know how to react to that.

So I did the only thing a sane women could.

I laughed.

" You lucky son of a bitch." I mocked bitterly. My head was still turned and I couldn't look this person in the face. If I did. What would my smart ass say?

" What did you say you bitch?" He asked, anger lacing each and every one of his words.

" I said, you are one lucky son of a bitch." I challenged. Clenching my hands, I tried my best to not flinch from the pain.

If I wasn't tied up.

From my peripheral vision, his face seemed to move back a bit. Like he was trying to figure out if I was going crazy or something.