Erik seemed satisfied. "How did you know this place existed?" I asked, putting my hands around my mug to warm them up.

"My father used to take me here when I was in High School, I learnt to do my homework here" Erik replied.

I smiled as I took another sip. "I never really had any traditions with my dad, or my sister really.. I think we both grew up too quickly without having a mother figure, I mean I think the one passion I did have with my father was cars" I replied, tilting my head down to watch the steam rise from the coffee cup.

"Cars really? No offense but I never thought you as a car girl?" Erik replied, surprised.

I chuckled. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me " I replied, smiling.

"I see" he replied, his hard exterior cracking with a genuine smile.

I smiled back and took another sip of the hor coffee. "This is so good, I need the recipe" I replied.

"I'll give it to you, my mum used to make it for me when I was younger" he replied, turning his head and looking out the dusty window.

"No siblings? Other than your brother, I mean?" I asked, before taking a long drink.

"No, it's just myself and Jared" he replied, turning to look at me.

He studied my face for a moment. "Every day you surprise me" he added quickly.

I coughed. "I uh- thanks I guess" I replied before laughing quietly.

I saw the server man again and leaned back in my chair as he neared. "Aviana, I was wondering-" he was saying, cutting off when the man placed our plates down. 

Erik and I had the same meal, and it looked absolutely delicious. I had no idea what it was though. "Is that everything?" The man asked.

"Thank you Harrison" Erik replied.

The man walked away. I picked up my fork. "What were you saying?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"There's a work Gala this weekend and I was wondering if you'd like to attend it with me" Erik finished, looking a little shy.

"Me? I- um.. isn't that something you're supposed to take your partner to?" I asked, a little confused.

"Yes it is but I'm currently without a partner so I was wondering if you'd like to go, you know as boss and personal assistant, a professional pairing" he replied.

I swallowed. A night standing next to this beautiful man, surrounded by the most glamorous women and men in the entire country.. what could go wrong?

"Uh sure, I'd be happy to" I replied.

He sighed in relief. "Okay good" he said, as he picked up his fork.

We both dug into our meals and I couldn't help but catch his eyes on me more than once. I couldn't help it, a permanent blush had set in.
He is your boss, young lady. Get your shit together.

Erik paid for the meal as well left and the cold bit our cheeks as we stepped out into the free air.
Snow had started to fall sometime during our lunch and I grinned. I loved snow.

My clumsiness however didn't. My foot slipped on some ice as I rounded the car. Erik's arms went around me as my face smashed into his chest. I erupted into laughter.

"I am so sorry, I swear to you that I am not doung this deliberately!" I cried out, laughing.

"You have to be the clumsiest person I've ever met" Erik said, trying to help me straighten up.

My foot slipped again and I went down, pulling Erik down with me. I couldn't stop it, I laughed. "This is so terrible" I said, through my tears of laughter as Erik had to pull himself up and off me.

He hovered over me. "I'm glad you find this amusing, Miss Elvin, but you won't be laughing when you die of frostbite" he replied, seriously.

I smirked and another laugh bubbled up and out. "I'm sorry! I'm trying to take you seriously but you have snow in your hair," I said reaching up and brushing a hand through his hair.

I froze and he froze, our eyes meeting. It seemed like hours passed before he pulled away and stood up, holding out a hand.

I took it and he hoisted me up. "Thank you" I said, professionally as I brushed off my clothes.

"You're welcome" he replied, turning his back on me and walking to the other side of the car.

I dodged the slippery ice and opened the car door, climbing in. "I love winter but I hate winter" I said as Erik cranked the heat.

A/N

Awkward.
Lol but I love them. I want them together now and forever.

Always and forever.

Who's with me?

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxoxoxoxo