Part 1: Just like Any Other Morning

On this bright and sunny morning I sat in the garden, tending to the beautiful peonies and sunflowers that seemed to dance as I sprinkled them with water from the watering can.

Today was just like every other morning, where I awoke to tend to the flowers, feed Chutney (the house raccoon), and prepare food for meals.

I sighed in a calm, happy relaxation as the drops of water fell from my spout onto each flower petal. Watching each flower perk up only slightly as I refreshed it with water was both relaxing and enjoyable.

This place, Cradle, had always been so beautiful, much prettier than home, wherever it was. I began thinking of home, how I had managed to find Blanc, the quick and agile friend of mine that reminded me so much of a rabbit, oddly enough. I followed him down a large and deep hole when he dropped his pocket watch, which inturn ended me up here.

I had been here for 2 and a half months now, having decided to spend my time here discovering myself and aiding the Black Army, the congregation of men who took me in so lovingly. Their king, Ray Blackwell, was eager and happy to take me in and allow me to stay, eat, and work with the army.

I had grown so accustomed to the great friends I had, I didn't feel the need or the want to go back home. I had friends like Seth who took me shopping, and Luka who told me jokes and funny stories. I also had Sirius, a man a few years older then me that was akin to both a big brother as well as a manager to me. I normally settled on helping him with his duties as he was always quite busy. He was also very good looking, charming, and overall handsome. Oh how I wished he wasn't so brotherly. I would be happy for the rest of my life if one day I could approach him and just...

"Kelly, the flowers are starting to drown."

Sirius, in his proper Black Army attire approached me from behind, lowering his lips to speak gently beside my ear. His tone of voice was matter of fact and his face looked playfully unimpressed.

My heart flew from my chest as I jumped, my shoulder nearly hitting Sirius' jaw as my body leapt from the ground.
Speak of the devil.

I turned back around wildly and looked up at him attempting to save face and seem calm, but I had a deep blush across my cheeks and an annoyed look on my face.
" Sirius! I nearly hit you with my watering can, you scared me!"
Side note, my watering can was now a few feet from us, water spilled amongst the ground, having flown a great distance in my panic.

He laughed as he looked down into my eyes with that calm, kind and teasing smirk of his. He took his right hand and put it on my head, ruffling my hair. I hated that. It always made me feel more like a sisterly figure to him. I clenched my teeth and gave a "hmph".

"What were you day dreaming about little lady?"

He chided softly as he lowered his hand, my hair slightly frizzier on top at this point.

"Oh I--"

His question caught me off guard. Kelly think quick.

"I was thinking about home. How much more beautiful the scenery is here compared to there." Well, it was only a half lie really.

Sirius frowned softly and put his right hand on his hip.

" Do you miss it? You know you can choose to go back on the 30th of the month. Maybe you should go back, I'm sure your family misses yo--"

"No no I'm fine, please don't worry!" I interrupted quickly, bringing my hands infront of me and clenching my fists in passion. I only slightly cut him off. "Really Sirius, I adore it here. "

Through my blush I smiled genuinely to put him at ease. I wanted to get to know him more. That was my main reason for staying. Although.. that was a secret only you and I knew.

Sirius reacted positively to my assurance and smiled again at me. He nodded this time.

"If your sure, Alice. Now once your finished watering please meet Luka in the kitchen. Meal prep is next."

I nodded obediently and was about to turn around to retrieve the watering can. Sirius began to walk away.

"Oh and Kelly."

I turned back around. His expression was now more serious (ha!) Than it had been a moment ago.

Before I could realise, he stopped unnaturally close to me. Sirius looked down at my eyes and my face a moment, then raised his hand to my forehead.

"...Your feeling my temperature?"

I blinked, confounded.

"No fever, good." He nodded as he removed his hand and within the blink of an eye he had leaned downwards so my eyes and his eyes were level.

" If you begin to get hot and need some water, ask one of the soldiers for some. Kelly I don't want you to get too hot and begin to feel woozy or light headed..."

As I was listening to him I had been wondering where this conversation was going. Then I realised. He thought my day dreaming was due to the heat! He thought I was feeling sick.

"Uhhh..."

I blinked stupidly as a blush spread once more across my cheeks, but before I could answer he had his fingers resting underneath my chin, his thumb stroking my cheek lightly. It sent chills up my spine.

"Please, keep an eye on the heat. For me, got it?" He winked and my blush intensified, but I nodded, too shy to say a word.

" Good, thank you." Before I knew it he had strode off towards the barracks to determine the next move in the warplans. We were currently at war with the Red Army and Sirius was the king's most noted advisor on that front.

As swirling thoughts flooded my mind, I realised I had just spent the better half of 10 minutes being touched, fawned over and worried about by the one man I was crazy in love with. I was instantly wobbly in the knee's and gave a bittersweet sigh as I picked up the watering can - the most productive thing I had done since before Sirius showed up.
I turned my head as I watched his form stride quickly out of view. Confidently. His jacket blowing softly in the wind behind him.

For just a moment it felt like time stopped as I watched. I took in his entire stature.

"He's so strong..." I sighed in a fixated gaze, before shaking my head free of the cobwebs, turning and heading inside.
"Okay Kelly. Back to work."