Chapter 6: Guess I'm Not

Moonbyul POV

"Are you gay? " silence occupies the whole place. I am making eye contact with my friend now and he's also looking at me straight. This time I really wanted to know. How can he say that I am his best friend if he isn't being honest with me? I'm just curious and I want to hear it directly from him. I'm tired of guessing. This time I want to confirm if he's gay so that I can help him find a nice guy or even help him tell his mom. I am so close with his mom and I know Mrs. Kim will freak out the moment Jin comes out but still... my thoughts are interrupted when he finally spoke.

"Well... Um, " he hesitated at first but then he eventually said his next thought "Actually ever since I met this dude in statistics class, I started to doubt myself". He said while still looking at me.
"I told you a lot of positive things about him before right? Do you still remember him?"
"Oh,  the smart guy.  Of course, I still remember him. You always brag him to me during our phone calls at night" I laugh
"I still remember how you sounded like you're really into him and that you're his boyfriend or something" I added.

We are now passing a mini playground in the neighborhood.

"Wanna stay here for a while, I still have a lot to tell you," Jin told me. We entered the playground and sit on the swing.
"Well,  where am I again? " Jin asked while trying to swing,
"statistics dude," I said.
"Oh, right. He is really good.  I like him and I adore him but I guess it's all like an admiration. Nothing sexual".

He paused and stop swinging. He then looks at me and said

"I guess I'm not gay".

Here's a manly Jin for everyone

Here's a manly Jin for everyone. 😁