Chapter 18- Dinner For Two

After Sam got dressed and redid her makeup, she walked down the stairs not knowing who she would see. She looked at her foot hitting the last step when two hands grabbed her by the shoulders. She was nervous to look up because she felt the person’s eyes pretty much staring into her soul.

"Look at me," the voice said. Sam slowly looked up at Eleanor. "What were you doing up there all night with Liam?" Sam realized her good friend was staring right at her. She giggled and shook her head. "What?!"

"I know who you are, idiot!" She pushed her backwards off her shoulders.

"Seriously?!" Eleanor shrieked. She hugged Sam with a tight squeeze. "Alright, now that that good news is out of the way, why were you up there all night with Liam?" She asked again. She became impatient as she crossed her arms. Sam made a straight face as her eyes became wider. Eleanor's hand whipped to her mouth. "No. Are you serious? Sam that's the first time you... You aren't a virgin anymore!" She screamed. Sam's hand dove to her mouth making a shushing sound.

"Don't scream it so the world can hear," she added as she took her hand off her mouth.

"Drunk sex, drunk sex," Eleanor teased with a smile as she swayed her shoulders. Sam made eyes at her.

"Shut up." She felt a buzz from her phone. It was Harry. She gulped at the sight of his name on her phone.

Eleanor scrunched her eyes. "What?" She asked.

Sam's thumb was about to hit the answer button. "It's Harry." She bit the inside of her lip as she said it.

Eleanor's face drooped. "Answer it."

Sam looked back up at Eleanor and walked to the other room. Her thumb slipped and pressed the answer button. She quickly put it up to her ear. "H-hello?"

"Hey, what happened to you last night?"

"I, um, had to go. My mom got worried.

"Oh, sorry, I would have given you a ride." Harry's face became red with embarrassment.

"No it's OK. I needed the walk."

"Well, erm, I was thinking you and I could go to the new restaurant. The one next to the movie theater."

Sam half smiled. "Yeah, sure. Sounds great!"

"Awesome. I'll pick you up at 7:30?"

"Sounds good. See ya then! Bye."

"Bye."

With that, Sam hung up and held the phone to her chest, standing there for a minute.

"You gonna be alright?" Eleanor asked, peeking around the corner.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna have to forget last night somehow. I don't know what happened." Sam backed up and sat on the couch. Eleanor came and sat with her.

"Well, talk it over with Liam sometime," she shrugged her shoulders.

Sam nodded. "I will. Maybe the date will get my mind off everything wrong in life." Sam turned to Eleanor and made a drunk expression. They both laughed.

***

While Sam was upstairs getting ready still, she heard the doorbell. "Mom! Can you tell him I'll be ready soon!" She yelled out her door, holding four different lip glosses.

"Yup!" Her mom yelled back as she heard the door open and her mom saying hi to Harry.

Sam shut the door and ran back to her makeup mirror and looked back down at her lip glosses. She crazily looked at all of them. "Oh scruff it!" She globed all of them on then smoothed her lips. She then grabbed her purse and headed down stairs.