Chapter 13- Remembering

Blur. Dark. Sickening.

I can't even see. What's happening? That was all Sam was thinking. She couldn't even move. She opened her eyes just barely and saw white everything. She was moving fast on something soft but she couldn't tell what it was. She could hear people yelling at one another. Someone holding her hand, crying. She rolled her eyes back in her head and passed out a second time.

**

Sam started getting back feeling after what felt like two minutes. She slowly opened her eyes. She squeezed her toes and her fists knowing that she still had them. She almost fully had her eyes  now. When she looked up, she saw a boy looking down at her with big green eyes. He was rubbing her arm, making a smile appear on his face.

"Hey Sam," he said. Sam's mom lifted her head from her hands, sitting in the corner in a chair. She looked at Sam, then Harry. Her mom got up and kneeled down next to Sam's bed.

"Oh baby you're alright," her mom said softly, pushing Sam's hair back while the other hand was in Sam's.

Sam was still looking at the boy looking down at her. She finally realized her mom was next to her and moved her head to face her mom.

"How are you feeling?" Her mom asked with a worried expression.

Sam thought for a moment and answered, "Dizzy. My head hurts."

"The doctor said it would hurt for a while. He also said you could get amnesia," Harry added. Sam looked back at him, with his hand still on her arm. She felt uncertain.

"What happened to me?" Sam asked looking at all the balloons in the room.

"You got hit by a car when you walked out into the parking lot at The Great Escape. I wouldn't expect you to remember that," her mom brushed her hand on her cheek.

Sam didn't remember anything.

"The doctor said you are able to leave later today after he does testing, so I'm taking you to Olive Garden," Harry said happily. Sam laid there, confused. "You know, cause it's your favorite restaurant."

"Oh," Sam said without moving her lips. "Why you?" She asked.

"Because I want to. My treat."

"But... I, don't even know you."

Harry's heart dropped. His face blank as he slowly pulled his hand off her arm. She took her arm to her chest and placed her other hand on it. Sam's mom opened her mouth with shock. He stood up, swallowing hard.

"You, you know who I am, right?" Her mom asked in worry.

"Yeah. You're my mom," she said lifting an eyebrow. Harry's eyes filled with tears but he made then not fall from his eyes.

The doctor stepped in.

"So, how's everything going?" He asked placing his pen in his pocket and clutching his clipboard. Harry looked at the doctor than back at Sam. Harry made his way to the door, wiping his eyes as he went out.

"You said there would be a 30 percent chance Sam would get amnesia," Sam's mom said in frustration.

"That's right I did. You've asked her questions?"

"Well, she doesn't know Harry or her favorite restaurant so far. She knows who I am, though," her voice slowed down.

"Let me do some testing ma’am, and I'll let you know." Sam's mom made eye contact with Sam then walked out the door.

***

After about half an hour, the doctor came out to Sam's mom, Harry, Louis, Eleanor, Liam, and Danielle. The only one not there, was Niall.

"It seems as though she remembers everything about herself and her mother. None of your questions I'm afraid," the doctor strictly looked at Sam's friends.

"So, she remembers nothing about us?" Danielle asked.

"I'm afraid not at the moment. Since she remembers quite a bit about herself, it will be a mear, two weeks until she recovers fully." He placed both hands in his huge pockets while breathing out.

Sam's mom nodded. So did everyone but Harry. "What if she doesn't?" He asked with his head down leaning forward out of his chair with his massive and clenched together.

"It's a 10 percent chance she won't recover. Not that big..."

"But you also said that it was a 30 percent chance she wouldn't get amnesia at all. What if she's that 10 percent?" His cheeks became hot. He really cared about her.

"I assure you, she will get better," the doctor said. "May I meet you at the front desk, Ms. Walsh, to fill out some papers?" Sam's mom nodded and got up from the waiting room chair.

Harry's hands were over his face again as leaned forward. Louis' hand on his back. "She'll be alright mate. She will," he added tilting his head to try and see Harry's face. Harry sniffed and lifted his head to only recognize his eyes. They were red and watery. "We'll all help her get her memory back. Please don't worry." But it was way too hard for Harry not to worry. A 10 percent chance was still big to him. He didn't even think of the great 90 percent.

Only 10 percent is all it would take, he thought over, and over again.