Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Is there really a purpose for this lock?” He asked glaring at it while he walked all the way into my room. Hell yeah when a brother like yours is on the loose. But I merely rolled my eyes, shrugged, and headed back to my bed.

“So, I’m here to take you out to a party.” Hunter told me carelessly not even bothering to look at my expression. Instead he was already in my pulling out stuff for me to wear. “Here wear this, and throw on that eye-stuff you girls wear or whatever.” Then he shot me a smile over his shoulder “Though I personally like your natural look.”

“Hunter you didn’t even ask if I was going. Besides, there was something I needed to talk to you about.” I whined before begrudgingly getting up and sitting in front of the small vanity I had, applying a little bit of eyeliner. I didn’t use much makeup, only eyeliner, mascara, and sometimes eye-shadow.

I directed my gaze onto the bed where he threw the clothes to see a pair of my jeans that were on the super tight side. I think my mom bought them for me while she was on a trip and got the wrong size. The shirt was a simple tube top that was a lengthy and flowy.

***

The party that Hunter’s taking me to was just a couple blocks away, so we were just going to walk there. When we stepped out of my house Tristan was there though with Hunter’s phone in his hand. He was in the jeep—which to be honest, I didn’t know if it was Hunter’s or Tristan’s.

“You forgot your phone dumbass.” He rolled down the window and threw it at Hunter, but with Hunter’s reflexes he caught it with ease.

He directed his attention to me and said “Don’t drink and park. Accidents cause people. I’m telling you because you’re the more responsible one.”

My mouth gaped open and I stuttered for an answer “I—you—that’s not happening, Tristan!”

He put his hands up and shrugged, "Just saying, kids in the backseats cause accidents, accidents in the backseats cause kids." I knew it was somewhat of a joke, but his face was utterly serious.

“We’re walking idiot.” Hunter chuckled trying to fight a small smile that threatening to break through.

“Just make sure you two are being safe.” He beamed before rolling up his window and driving off down the street. Well at least he was a better driver than Hunter.

It was a little humid outside and my hair was beginning to frizz. I kept moving but my tight skinny jeans were snug everywhere. He definitely picked this out on purpose.

Hunter looked as good as ever but this time he'd decided to be the stereotype looking bad boy. He has the jeans, white shirt, and black Nike's. He had his leather jacket and a small smile on the corner of his face. Typical look; and Lana Del Rey described him perfectly except he wasn’t a James Dean look alike.

"So about that kiss?" Hunter hinted and I brushed it off casually bumping him with my shoulder.

"It was on the cheek Hunter don’t overreact." I swear I rolled my eyes so much when I was with him. Like 25 times a day.

His smiled widened and opened his mouth "But—” But nothing. I wasn’t going to discuss this.

"Drop it" I warned and he did. We walked in silence a bit before he opened his mouth again.

"So you had something to tell me?" The content smile I had on my face melted off instantly.

“Hunter, I saw your brother at the dance and that note I thought you wrote, but you didn’t. It had to be from him and its scaring me.” Hunter just watched my mouth the entire time I spoke. I think he was trying to analyze the situation before doing anything crass or reckless. His posture was stiff and although I’m not one of those ‘I can see it in his eyes’ people, he looked a little angry.