3.

Present day: 10 December 2018

"OH MY GOD!" Mrs Jeon shrieked. As if on cue, the whole decor team and the butler rushed to the scene with horrified faces. The butler hurriedly took a broom and swept the shards,giving me a dissappointed look.

"I told you to be careful," he hissed softly.

"I..uh..i," I stuttered, not knowing what to say. I silently prayed that the ground will swallow me right this instant. I couldn't take this embarrassment anymore as my eyes became glossy.

Jungkook on the other hand, he was staring at me. He had a small surprised look on his face but quickly replaced it with an expressionless look. I broke the awkward eye contact between us, looking down on my bloody feet and offering myself to help clean up the mess. Mrs Jeon pressed her Temples with her fingers and sighed, unable to comprehend what had happened.

"Eunjo, i think it's best that you clean up your wound first. It looks serious and u might get an infection," she said patiently as she took a deep breath. I nodded my head silently and headed to the bathroom. I could feel eyes glued on my back, watching my every move.

"The party is starting in 30 minutes, clean this mess and get ready people!" I hear Mrs Jeon howling from behind.

When I reached the bathroom, I ran the cold water over my feet. My face was completely flushed. I want to get out of here. I don't want to see him. I don't want to see that Monster.

It's been so long... I tried hard to forget him and what he did to me and when I finally did, he appeared before me.

Our eyes met when we saw each other. I almost to jump out of my own skin when I saw his face.

That Monster.

That Monster that disfigured me.

But also someone that i used to fall in love with.

It has been three years, but after seeing him, those memories came back as clear as day.

After seeing him, well and alive and living a luxurious life, a surge of anger clasped around my heart. I was furious.

He destroyed my life. But he has got everything now. Living with luxury.
Karma hasn't hit him. Yet.

🥀

After the party, 9pm:

Your POV:

"Eunjo, do you know that that was my favourite vase ?" Mrs Jeon sighed. I hung my head, unable to say anything.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"How do you plan to pay me back if you don't have money?" She glared daggers at me.

what can I do?

"I..uh...i can do other stuff maybe to repay you, instead of...uh... money," I suggested timidly.

"Like what?" She folded her arms.

"Like maybe I can send you my best and rarest flowers at your doorstep every month," I suggested, trying to convince her.

She thought deeply while tapping her feet on the wooden floor.

"Please Ma'am, rare flowers are usually so expensive and hard to get," I pleaded with her. "You could decorate your house with those beautiful flowers and the overall cost of those flowers could add up to $15,000 if I send them to you for about 2 years"

"No" a voice said. It did not belong to Mrs Jeon though. I spun around to see who it was.

"Jungkook," Mrs Jeon greeted.

"Mother" he greeted her with manners. Tch.

"I want you to grow those rare flowers in our garden" he said to me.

What?

My eyes widened.

"You mean, work here ?" I asked nervously.

"Yes"

"That's not a bad idea," Mrs Jeon said. "Our garden is looking pretty plain. I would like more flowers there"

"I..uh..how about I just deliver the flowers?" I suggested , giving my fakest smile.

"Our old gardener had already retired a month ago, you can replace him," jungkook suggested, his eyes glued onto me

I sighed and hung my head Low. What have I gotten myself into?

"You'll work here for about a year. I want a garden full of beautiful flowers and different types of them," Mrs Jeon said.

"Your salary from working here can pay for that vase" she added

I stared at Jungkook in anger as I clenched my fists.

Third person POV:

She seems so familiar but I can't recognise who she is  Jungkook thought.

Jungkook went through a terrible hit and run accident one year ago. He suffered a brain damage and lost almost 70% of his memories. He couldn't remember his childhood nor some of the people he met. Luckily after a long period of recovery, he could recover some memories and personal experiences. However, some of it are still lost.

When he first saw you, particularly your eyes. Those eyes. It was so familiar. He could've sworn he saw those beautiful eyes before somewhere in the past.

 If he could remember those eyes so vividly, it probably meant that you used to be someone important in his life

If he could remember those eyes so vividly, it probably meant that you used to be someone important in his life. He didn't know why but his gut kept telling him to find out who you are. He felt so intrigued by you and he could feel flashbacks of those similar eyes.

He just can't remember who you are. He groaned in frustration.

"Whatever," he sighed.

Little that you know, he had lost his memories and he couldn't remember hurting you.
He couldn't remember that you both used to date.
More importantly, he couldn't remember that he had threw acid onto you and disfigured you.

Authors Note:

Whew I edited this chapter so many times before posting it😭. Reading it back, it's kind of cringy HAHAH so sorry for the cringy mess.
Please please vote and comment your thoughts on this chapter ! ❤️🌱

10 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter :)