[22] : Epilogue

July 30th

"One more!" Naruto encouraged as he helped keep her legs in place. "C'mon, Nata, she's almost here."

With one final, strenuous push and a very loud scream, their second child was born. Hinata's lavender eyes scanned over her daughter as soon as they cut the umbilical cord. She seemed to be okay but Hinata could no longer keep herself sitting, exhaustion coming over her.

The wailing of her new born daughter was heard as she finally relaxed into Naruto's embrace. He had been seated behind his wife, her elbows resting on either of his knees.

"You did it," he breathed against the side of her head. "She's here, all ten fingers and ten toes, my love."

"Where... Where's my baby?" She asked drowsily, realizing she was no longer in sight.

The blond shushed her, sensing the urgency in her tone. "They're just cleaning her up. Look, here she comes."

Tsunade turned around with the newborn in her arms. Pale with radiant purple hair and little whisker markings on her cheeks. She placed her in Hinata's arms and then Uzumaki let out a sob.

"H-hi princess," she stroked her cheek with a finger. "Oh, you're so tiny."

Naruto, still behind her, placed a hand on the baby's back. She stopped crying now, just sniffling slightly. "Our little girl," he cooed. "Uzumaki Himawari." Hinata leaned back into his embrace with their daughter.

❇️❇️❇️

July 31st

Hinata pulled up her gown once Himawari finished her meal. She placed the 19 hour old baby over her shoulder and began to burp her.

"Knock knock," Naruto called before peaking his head into her room. "You have a very special visitor."

Hinata furrowed her brows for a moment. Visiting hours weren't for another few hours.

"Who?"

Just then a dash of blonde hair ran past Naruto and to her bedside. "Mama!"

Hinata's face lit up once she saw him. She hadn't seen Boruto for a few days since she had been in the hospital during her labor. "Boruto!"

Naruto scooped him up then sat on bed, placing him in his lap. "Boruto, there's someone we want you to meet. Okay?" Boruto nodded, eyeing the bundle in Hinata's arms. "Mama worked really hard to carry her so you're gonna be careful, right?"

He nodded once again and the couple shared a look. Hinata leaned forward and lowered the blanket so her face was visible to the toddler.

"Boruto, this is your little sister, Uzumaki Himawari." Hinata introduced the two siblings.

"Hi!" He cheered. Hima just stared at him with her wide blue eyes. Boruto frowned when she didn't respond then looked up at his mother. "Why doesn't she talk?"

"She hasn't learned yet. Himawari was only born yesterday, there's a lot she has to learn." Hinata explained. "Do you want to hold her?"

Boruto eagerly nodded at this and outstretched his arms for his sister. Hinata leaned over and gently placed her in his arms.

"Alright, watch her head, Bobo." Hinata said, a little scared he would drop his sister.

Boruto tried his best to support her with his small arms but Naruto helped him, making sure she was okay.

Hinata looked over them. Her two children were perfect in her eyes, she was so in love with both of them. Naruto was there being the most perfect husband and father. She felt herself tear up, still on a rush from all the hormones in her body.

"You okay?" Naruto asked.

"Yeah," she grabbed tissues from the side table. "This is just... It's what I wanted. Our little family."

/

After a little while Himawari fell asleep again and Naruto placed her back into the beside crib. Boruto snuggled into his mother's side, also falling asleep within another few minutes, and Naruto sat down next to the bed.

"You feeling okay? Do you need anything?" He asked.

Hinata shook her head. "I'm fine." Naruto nodded and stroked her cheek. "Thank you."

"For?"

"Everything," she replied breathlessly. "You've given me so much. I'm still trying to make up for those years that we lost but since then... you've just... given me more than I could ever wish for." Hinata grabbed his hand. "Two children, a house, support, love—"

Naruto had stood up and pressed his lips against hers, effectively cutting her off. Their mouths moved against each other's languidly, both too tired to put in any real effort. When he finally pulled away she had a dopey smile spread across her mouth.

"You kissed me."

"I did," he pecked her lips once more. "I'd do it again in a heartbeat but I'd rather not wake Boruto." Naruto chuckled. "But... If I've given you all these things, it's unimaginable how much you've given me. You... Hinata, you saved me. Saved me from making the second biggest mistake of my life and gave me the greatest gift." He glanced down at Boruto and ran his fingers through the boy's hair.

"Second biggest mistake?"

"The first was leaving you all those years ago." Naruto sighed. "But that's the past. I want to focus on the future with our amazing children and the dog at home." She giggled, suddenly remembering when Kurama was her only baby.

Hinata was tearing up now. She carefully pulled Naruto into a hug, trying not to jostle the toddler. "I love you so much," she sobbed into his shoulder. "So much, Naruto-kun."

"I love you too, Nata hime." Naruto mumbled into her skin, pressing a kiss to the spot under her ear.

"How everything happened was a little unplanned..." He pulled away and looked into her eyes, full of emotion and warmth. "But I'd do it all over again if it meant I'd be here with you."

thank you ❤️