[04] : Day 36

February 1st

"Hello," the bluenette smiled as she walked into the house. "And hello~." Hinata placed a hand on Temari's swollen seven month baby bump.

"Hey, Hinata-chan," the dirty blonde greeted her with a kind smile. She let the Hyuga into her home.

Hinata had offered to help Temari with some light cleaning and cooking because lately her morning sickness was an all day thing. It didn't bother Hinata at all, in fact she was doing less and less these days so any task that was asked of her she would do.

"I really appreciate this Hina-chan," Temari said in a soft tone that contrasted against her usual loud voice. "This is helping me a lot right now."

"Oh it's nothing," Hinata smiled as she tied up her hair. "I'll pick up a bit, do a little laundry and cook dinner for Shikamaru-kun today. You go lay down before you start feeling sick again, Tema-chan."

Temari agreed and gave her minimal instructions before retiring to her bedroom. Hinata didn't waste time in beginning to tidy up the Nara household. She was off from the bakery today but would have to go tomorrow.

She swept and mopped and dusted without bothering Temari. Hinata enjoyed being able to help her friends, it made her feel needed, wanted.

The midnight haired girl wiped down one of the mirrors and sighed at her own reflection. She turned away then froze once she realized something. Hinata slowly turned herself back to the mirror and looked at herself.

Her face was slightly swollen, her skin looked a little pale but what irked her the most was that her already large breasts seemed even bigger. She raised her hands to her chest and felt them for a moment. Ouch...

"What the-"

"Tadaima!"

The blue haired woman lost her track of thought at the sound of the male entering the house. She walked to the front at saw Shikamaru taking off his shoes.

"Shikamaru-kun," Hinata greeted.

"Oh, Hinata-chan, what are you doing here?" The spiky haired male asked and stood up. They hugged for a moment, since they hadn't seen each other for awhile now.

"I'm just cleaning a bit since Tema-chan isn't feeling well. What are you doing here; it's barely one?"

"I came to see Temari for my lunch break, I wanted to check on her." He responded. "She's laying down I suppose?"

"Hai," the Hyuga nodded. "I'll make you a sandwich or something since you're missing your lunch."

"Ah, Arigato." Shikamaru said before going up to his bedroom and Hinata going to the kitchen.

❇️❇️❇️

"Where'd Shikamaru go?" The blonde haired man asked as he put on his blazer.

Sasuke looked up from his desk and at the Uzumaki. "Home to check on Temari-chan."

Naruto nodded before straightening said blazer. "I'll be back in a couple hours at most," he said. "I'm going to a doctor's appointment with Shion."

This caught the Uchiha's attention more. "You're finally accepting that you're going to be a dad? After a month?" He remarked.

"I guess," Naruto sighed and ran a hand down his face. "I still feel uneasy about everything but it's my kid."

With that he left the office and drove himself to the clinic where Shion would meet him with her mother. Shion insisted on having her mother with her there for moral support. It's not that Naruto didn't like her mom but he didn't understand why her mom had to come to the first ultrasound. He believed this was something that should only be experienced by the parents.