[09] : Day 91 pt1

March 28th

The mornings were still chilly but the afternoons were warm. The bluenette wrapped herself in her cardigan and wiped the sleep away from her eyes.

Kurama nipped at her heels for his breakfast and she lazily swatted him away. Her tank top hugged her torso and pajama bottoms were baggy and comfortable.

"G'morning Kurama," Hinata yawned as she scooped out some kibble for her dog. She figured since the dog was young and she was going to have a baby, her child would have somewhat of a protector.

The vermilion dog chewed happily at the food in his bowl as Hinata began to heat water for her tea. Today she was 13 weeks pregnant.

Today was also Sakura's birthday. Everyone was gathering at the Uchiha household in the evening. Temari and Shikamaru couldn't make it since they now were busy with a one week old baby named Shikadai.

She walked to her bathroom to wash her face and teeth while the water brewed. Her eyes met with her reflection in the full length body mirror and she gasped.

A baby bump had began to form.

Hinata had a relatively flat stomach shadowed by her breasts but today she looked like she ate too much salt the night before. It was so strange how yesterday she felt like nobody would ever suspect her pregnancy and now there was a small baby bump.

She was concerned that her baby bump was still very small and she was almost four months pregnant and still was. Then that's when she turned to face herself and noticed how her hips had widened just a bit and realized.

The baby was settling in her hips rather than making himself known to the world. This worked to Hinata's benefit.

However much longer Hinata wanted to wait to tell everyone was coming to a very close end. She could always claim she was just gaining weight but what kind of person only gains wait in a perfectly round tummy?

She finished cleansing herself just as the kettle whistled. Hinata made her tea and still contined to yawn. Her pregnancy symptoms were also beginning to show more. Hinata determined that month 4 was going to be the month she had to tell everyone.

❇️❇️❇️

"Naruto, it's beautiful!" Sakura gasped. "I love it, thank you!"

The blonde had come to the Uchiha residence before the party to avoid awkwardness. He gave Sakura her gift and she was in love with it.

It was a bracelet with three simple charms. The Uchiha Crest, a cherry blossom, and a little orange fox. It represented the friendship of Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto himself. They had been friends since they were in diapers since their parents were close.

"You're welcome, Sakura-chan."

The pinkette hugged him tightly before slipping on the bracelet. Sakura had invited him to the party because she thought after Hinata's birthday they might be civil.

"You're sure you can't come to the party?" She pouted at him and he let out a dry chuckle.

"I think it's best that I don't," Naruto sighed. "I don't want to cause any problems. Hinata should be here enjoying everything, not me." I'm the one that screwed up.

"You still care," she mumbled. "Naruto, Sasuke-kun told me what happened with Shion the other day."

His heart skipped because for a moment he thought Sasuke had told her about him and Hinata. Maybe he was willing to keep that a secret from his wife.