[21] : Day 45

-short chapter! just wrapping things up :)

December 25th

"Merry Christmas," Hinata kissed her husband under the mistletoe they had hung earlier in the week.

The blond glanced at the clock once they separated, 12:04am, and hummed. "I guess it's Christmas already, huh?"

"Mhm."

"Well then happy anniversary," he pulled her back and kissed her back with even more vigor. "Two years and many more to go."

"Yeah?" The bluenette smiled. Naruto only wrapped his arms around her waist and dipped his head down to kiss her ear gently.

"Many years to go," he whispered. "Don't ever wanna let you go again."

"Good." Hinata pecked his lips once more before turning away to the living room.

The couple made their way to the couch and popped in a movie to watch. Naruto pulled Hinata closer to him and draped the blanket over their laps.

They already had put out the Christmas presents and filled Boruto's stocking, he'd been fast asleep since earlier in the evening. Now that he was three, he understood the concept of Christmas a little better.

Boruto was growing fast, now as tall as Hinata's mid thigh, which was pretty tall for a three year old. He was walking and talking fairly well, able to comprehend small sentences.

Naruto and Hinata had gotten married the Christmas after Boruto turned one. They wanted to get married sooner but Hinata's main priority was to tend to her newborn son and all his first milestones.

Hinata enjoyed having Christmas and her wedding anniversary on the same day, it made celebration easier. Then two days later it was her birthday so having one big party for everything was cheaper and more efficient.

The movie was half way over by now, neither of them getting sleepy despite it being past 1am. Hinata busied herself with messing with his hair that had grown out, he had been to busy to get it cut. It was back to the length he had it in high school and she absolutely loved it, though she knew he would cut it eventually.

She was now laid on her back, hands tangled in Naruto's hair of course, with his head on her chest. He was on his stomach, snuggled in between Hinata's legs with his arms wrapped under and around Hinata's narrow waist.

"What did you get me for Christmas?" Naruto asked while turning his head to look up at her.

The bluenette rose an eyebrow and booped his nose. "You'll find out later, love."

"Hm." He pouted then just went face first into her chest. Hinata only rolled her eyes at his childish behavior before he immediately perked up and faced her again. "Then what did you get me for our anniversary?"

"Oh," she felt heat creep upon her cheekbones then and turned to look at the TV. "Y-you'll find that one out later too."

Naruto let a smirk find its way onto his lips at her reaction. "You're so obvious, baby." He scooted up and braced his arms on either side of her head. "You could just say that was the dirty one."

"Shush!" Hinata shoved his chest but he only retaliated with laying his full weight on her. She huffed and pushed him again, this time forcefully.

He tumbled onto the ground with a loud 'oof' then chuckled deeply. Hinata turned on her side to look down at him. "Let's go to bed, hm? Boruto will be up around six since he went to bed early."