16. THE TRUTH REVEALED

Baekhyun could never imagine that in just one day, the fate of the whole pack could be in his hands.

In just a few seconds all his nightmares flashed before his eyes.

All it took was his mate asking him how he would judge his pack for him to remember every single horrible thing they had done to him.

Every single word that had been said to him since he was a child.

Useless runt.

Murderer. If only you were the one who had died and not our precious Luna.

You're no son of mine. The only reason you're still alive is because this pack needs a punching bag. It's the least you can do for your crimes.

Get out of my face. I can't believe I have to look at something so useless and you're so ugly it hurts my eyes.

And so much more.

He always imagined that when he found his mate the pack would treat him differently like an actual living being and they would become a happy family.

But the truth was they would never just change the way they looked at him overnight.

Right now they all looked at him with pleading eyes.

His mate wasn't just an alpha but a dragon. Something even Baekhyun couldn't believe.

This is why they were more than afraid of him. Their lives were all in his hands and for a moment Baekhyun didn't feel any sympathy but pure rage for all that what done to him

Especially when he looked at his father who now looked like a scared little mouse who couldn't even face his own son who he had abused and called unworthy all his life.

Just one word to his mate and they would all be gone. No one would ever bully him or look down upon him.

Just one word.

Baekhyun was about to speak when he heard a little voice in his head.

"Baekhyun, wait."

He didn't turn but he knew it was Luhan who spoke to him.

"Just take a breath, Baek. That isn't who you are. Also there is something you need to know before you make your decision." Luhan's voice said before showing Baekhyun some images which made the omega turn to look at one of his best friends.

Xuimin had a sad look on his face but there was something else. Want? Need?

He followed his friends gaze and just as Luhan had showed him he found his cousin giving his friend the same look.

Baekhyun was so blinded by rage that he had forgotten about the person who had cared for him and helped him even when he was hurt.

Also he just discovered they were mates and he wasn't about to destroy that.

"Not everyone is bad, Baek. They don't all deserve to die," Luhan said.

"But a lot of them still hurt me real bad. So much I just wanted to die. Especially my own father," Baek thought in response.

"You might find it hard to believe but there is also a reason behind every action. This does not justify what he did, but you need to know something I just found out digging through his mind right now"

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked.

"It's best if I show you. It's time for the truth to be revealed."

Alpha Byun was on his way back to the pack when he received a distress call.

The pack was under attack and so he parked his car and went the rest of the way in wolf form because it was faster.

The pack was under attack by rogues but as soon as the alpha joined the fight soon the rogues were all ripped to pieces.

But just when they thought they were done they turned to see a man holding their Luna with a knife against her throat with both of them in human form.

Their Luna was also an alpha and headstrong and decided to fight the man before her mate accepted any demands the rogue made but in the process she got stabbed in the chest.

Wolves especially alphas heal quickly but alpha Byun panicked when she wasn't healing.

Soon they discovered the dagger used was dipped in wolfsbane and because the poison was close to her heart she didn't have much time left to live.

Byun wasn't willing to let go of his mate and did everything he could to find a cure but even the best witches couldn't save her.

Just when he had given up he stumbled into a cave at night on his way home.

That was the first time he met a living breathing dragon.

He was petrified and the dragon demanded to know what he was doing in his cave.

The alpha cried out his whole story and soon the dragon shifted into a man.

The dragon asked how desperate the man was to save his mate and the alpha said he would do anything.

The dragon then gave him a small bright ball. He said it carried life and would save his mate but he now owed him a favor he would come for anytime.

The alpha joyfully thanked the dragon and promised to do whatever the dragon wanted.

If only he had known that he would regretted the promise he made one day.

After giving his mate the ball of energy she completely healed and was well again.

Years later she fell pregnant and they were all excited about it.

But then their Luna started to get sick again and when she finally gave birth the stab wound reopened as if she was never healed on the first place and died.

This meant the baby carried and took away her life force and the alpha couldn't help but blame the child for the death of his mate.

That moment defined Baekhyun's life forever.

Baekhyun stood in a state of shock as he turned to face Luhan.

He then turned back to Chanyeol who waited patiently for his response as well as the whole back.

"I have decided...

... To spare their lives"

Edited: 2019-01-18