9. THE WORST MATE

9 days until his birthday and he wasn't very enthusiastic about it.

He had never actually enjoyed his birthday because the pack used it as a chance to remind him of how he had murdered their Luna.

It was a day of extra bullying and resulted in painful weeks of recovery from the onslaught  of the whole pack.

But this time it was worse.

If he wasn't claimed by then, it meant that he was being given away to Daehyun to do as he pleased.

When no one was around, Daehyun made it clear he wanted the little omegas body, but luckily for Baekhyun, his father allowed all sorts of abuse except rape.

But that was what Daehyun would do to him if he got to mark him. Rape and abuse him.

Baekhyun could never handle that and he had to find a way out but it wasn't an easy decision as he had thought.

He could choose his true mate and love but he couldn't risk getting Chanyeol hurt. His pack mates were a bunch of savages and the minute they find out his mate is a fairy, they wouldn't hesitate to kill him.

He could choose to be claimed by a true alpha he had waited for all his life but then Kris wasn't his true mate. He was not and could never be Chanyeol.

Baekhyun was too distracted to see where he was going when he bumped into a wall.

He fell on his butt but soon realized it wasn't a wall but a person as soon as he looked up.

"I'm so sorry. We should stop meeting like this," Kris said with a smile as he stretched out his hand for Baek.

At that moment, Xiumin jumped between them as he glared at the alpha who took a step back in shock.

"Hurt him and I will show you how a family curse works." The witch threatened.

The witch helped the omega up, and Baekhyun gave Kris an apologetic look as they walked away.

"Well.... that went well," Kai, Kris' beta said.

He had been standing next to the alpha this whole time.

"It could have been worse. At least now we know he has an overprotective friends," Kris said making his beta laugh in response.

"I still can't believe you made us change schools," Kai said as they headed to the school office to get their schedules.

"Don't worry, as soon as Baek agrees to be mine and your Luna, we're taking him away from here. You never know you might actually find your mate here," Kris said with a determined look on his face.

........

"So that guy offered to claim you?" Xiumin asked in shock as they had settled on the rooftop.

Baekhyun had explained who Kris was and how he had met him to his friends.

"I haven't even met the guy and I already hate him," Kyungsoo said.

"Why? He is really nice to me and seems like a cool, honest guy. He is a true alpha who is more than capable in protecting me and..."

"But he isn't your true mate," Kyungsoo cut Baekhyun in an angry tone.

"Baekhyun, after all this time you have finally met your mate and have a shot at true happiness. But you're going to throw it all away because of species, because your mate isn't a wolf. That's bullshit!" Kyungsoo lashed out.

"If the pack finds out about Chanyeol, they will kill him. I can't risk his life like that. He is a fairy, Soo. You know how brutal my pack is," Baekhyun defended.

"And rejecting him will kill him as well. Even worse being with another man." They all turned in shocked to face Sehun who had just spoken and Luhan stood beside him.

"Don't underestimate my brother, Baek. He is way stronger than he looks," the fairy added.

"Where is Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked.

He couldn't deny the excitement he felt at the thought of seeing his mate.

"He is still recovering. He won't be coming for a few days," Luhan answered this time before walking up to Baek.

The little omega guiltily looked down because he knew it was his fault Chanyeol wasn't well.

He was completely healed by his mate but considering being with another man. He was the worst mate.

"He wanted me to give you this," Luhan said as he passed Baekhyun a locket necklace.

It had a little wolf in the middle with a dragon wrapped protectively around it.

"Wow. It's so beautiful,"  Baekhyun said with a smile and tried to open it but Luhan stopped him.

"Only open it when you're in serious danger. Chanyeol wanted to make sure you were safe, even without him around," Luhan explained and the little omega nodded.

Even when he was unwell, he was so caring.

How did Chanyeol know that Baekhyun has always loved dragons.

He had always considered them to be the most powerful majestic creatures.

Not even his dad could stand up to one. His whole pack would fall on their knees.

He even once considered being mated to one, but that would never happen. Not to him. It was impossible.

"Thank you," Baekhyun said with tears in his eyes, wishing his life could have been simpler.

He was shocked when Luhan wrapped his arms around him in a hug as he comforted him causing the omega to let go of his tears.

"Don't worry, Baek. Nothing is impossible. Everything you have dreamed of will come to pass. I promise you that. Just be patient for your mate," Luhan whispered only for Baekhyun to hear.

The omega held onto him tighter as he let it all out.

All the grief. All the disappointment. All the pain.

All he could do was trust his words and wait for his mate. His true mate.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hello~ this is C, the 2nd beta/editor, nice to meet you all.

So... what do you guys think will happen next?

We appreciate all the comments and votes :))

Thank you and see you in the next chapter

C signed out