11. ONLY IN MY DREAMS

Baekhyun didn't wait for the final bell or lessons to end.

Soon after his encounter with Daehyun he walked out of the school and as far away as possible from the pack house.

All he knew was that he had to get out of there and fast.

Baekhyun only got back to his senses when the sun was finally setting.

He needed to find a safe place to sleep because going back home was out of the question.

Daehyun would have obviously told his father what he had done by now and even added more lies on top.

He knew the warrior was going to get him locked up against his will until his birthday and forcefully claim him.

Baekhyun couldn't make that happen. Only Chanyeol would have him and as Luhan had advised him he would be patient and wait for his mate.

Hopefully the fairy would wake up sooner than later.

Baekhyun was running out of time and options.

The omega couldn't stay in the forest for too long because it would be easy for the pack to sniff him out.

And so he decided to go to the people his pack wouldn't dare approach without a plan.

Baekhyun was hesitant at first but took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

Soon the school nurse opened the door and was surprised to see the omega by his doorstep.

"Baekhyun. What are you doing here?" Lay asked a bit puzzled.

This was the first time they had seen each other out of school grounds.

"I'm sorry...its just...something happened...I'm scared...but I have nowhere else to go." Baekhyun tried his best but couldn't hold the tears that were now flowing down his face freely.

"Oh my poor baby," Lay said as hr hugged the omega and led him into the house.

Suho was also surprised to see Baekhyun but his mate explained.

Soon, Baekhyun was well enough to tell them the whole story and they were enraged that Daehyun had done that to him.

They were more pissed off at the alpha for giving away his own son like he was worthless.

"I don't want to be a burden. I just needed a place to stay for the night where they can't find me. I will leave in the morning and..."

"No, Baek. You can stay as long as you like. This is vampire territory so they won't dare to step on our grounds without starting a war," Lay said and Suho agreed.

Soon after dinner they went to bed.

Lay ended up sleeping with Baekhyun because the little omega kept having nightmares which caused him to wake up screaming but soon they were all able to have some peaceful sleep.

For the first time in a long time, Baekhyun had a sweet dream.

Baekhyun woke up in the middle of a beautiful meadow.

He smiled admiring all the beautiful flowers and colors all around him.

He decided to make a bouquet of flowers for his mate. He wanted Chanyeol to wake up to a beautiful sight.

He felt like he was being watched but every time he turned to check nothing seemed out of place and there was no one in sight.

He brushed off the feeling and continued to prepare his bouquet.

As soon as he was done he giggled in delight but at that moment he felt hands wrap around his waist.

Instead of feeling panic he felt comfort as he melted into the body holding his.

"Is that for me?" He immediately recognized the deep voice that gave him chills in all the right places.

"Yes. It was supposed to be a surprise" Baekhyun pouted because he had been caught.

"I'm very surprised believe me. I didn't know that you would come and see me even in my sleep. I'm glad. I missed you so much," he said before kissing Baekhyun on his shoulder.

"I missed you more. I'm sorry I have been difficult. Now I'm sure you're the only one I want and need," Baekhyun said with a smile.
"I'm happy yo hear that baby. I can't wait to hold you in my arms. Just a little bit longer and we can finally be together again," Chanyeol said but let go of Baekhyun.

The omega turned to face his mate but fell back in shock at what he saw.

Instead of a man, he saw a large red and black dragon.

Baekhyun was shocked but he wasn't afraid. Deep down he somehow knew who the dragon was.

"Cha...Chanyeol?" He questioned as he stood back up.

The dragon lowered its head as it lay on the ground.

Baekhyun walked towards it and pet it on the top of its head.

"You're so beautiful," he said before he was pulled out of the best dream of his life.

As soon as Baekhyun woke up he frowned.

"If only that were all true but that will only happen in my dreams."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Just a warning this is a short story and so it will be ending soon.

What do you think about Baekhyun's dream?

©chubbyeol_jones

edited: 11-25-2018