4. A HELPING HAND

Chanyeol got home and went straight to his room without speaking to anyone.

"What's up with him?" His mother asked Sehun and Luhan.

"He met his mate today," Luhan said.

"That's great news, he should be happy," she said with a smile.

"His mate kind of rejected him," Sehun said causing then woman to frown.

"Why?"

"Apparently he is a wolf and wants a wolf mate," Luhan explained and this time she was angry.

"How dare he?!" She lashed out before going to her son's room but he wasn't there. He must have flown out.

She released a deep sigh before going back downstairs.

Chanyeol still couldn't believe the words his mate had told him.

Baekhyun was perfect to him. He was small, beautiful and he could tell he had a good heart but why reject him.

He flew to clear his mind and ended up in a large cave in the mountains.

"Hello, my prince." A voice boomed from the cave before a mighty dragon came out of the darkness.

"Hello, uncle," Chanyeol said before settling on a rock close to the entrance.

"What's with the long face?" Then dragon now turned into a man asked as he settled next to his nephew.

"I was rejected by my mate today," Chanyeol said his frown getting deeper.

"Did he give you a reason?" His uncle asked.

"He is a werewolf and said he needs a strong alpha mate and not a pretty mate," Chanyeol explained.

"I don't see where the problem is."

"I'm not a werewolf uncle."

"Yes but he didn't say werewolf. He said he needs a strong alpha mate. What you have to do now is prove you can be his strong alpha mate," his uncle explained.

"You do know I'm a fairy right?" Chanyeol said.

"Yes but you're not just a fairy but also half dragon. You're the first of your kind and most powerful of both. Show your mate that you are even better than what he thinks. Also you're a fairy so seducing him won't be a problem," the uncle said making the younger man laugh.

"You're right. I'm going to show Baekhyun that I'm his true mate and there's no one better than me," Chanyeol said before releasing his dragon wings and flying back home.

He wasn't going to stop until Baekhyun was finally his.

....................

Chanyeol woke up the next morning with a new mission.

Convince the omega that he's can be all alpha.

It can't be that hard. Right.

"You're in a pretty good mood today," Luhan said, happy to see Chanyeol smiling after yesterday drama.

"He decided to prove to the omega that he can be the alpha he needs," Sehun replied to his boyfriend and Chanyeol just looked around for his mate.

But all of a sudden the group had to stop because their path was blocked.

Chanyeol looked down to see Baekhyun's friends from yesterday.

"Hello I'm Kyungsoo and this is Xiumin. We are both witches and Baekhyun's best friends. We know our idiotic friend rejected you yesterday. It was stupid and he won't listen to us and so we are here to help you win over your mate," the one with the heart shaped lips said.

"That's great. Where is Baek anyway?" Chanyeol asked seeing no sign of his mate.

"Its a full moon tonight and all wolves don't attend the day before and the day after. Which gives us plenty of time to prepare. Follow us," Xiumin said.

"Wait. What about school?" Luhan asked.

"Because there are no wolves, lessons are on hold. We basically have to come to school to do nothing all day," Kyungsoo replied and the group headed to an empty classroom and locked the door.

Kyungsoo got a marker and wrote 'OPERATION WIN OVER BAEKHYUN' in bold letters.

Chanyeol clapped his hand in excitement like a child experiencing their first Christmas.

"First things first. Baekhyun didn't reject you because he doesn't like you," Xiumin said and they all noticed Chanyeol's smile slightly falter at the reminder.

"Let's start by listing facts about Baekhyun. This way you will understand why he is an idiot," Kyungsoo said.

1. Baekhyun is an omega.

"Already in the werewolf world that just means you're the weakest and way down on the food chain. Omegas are considered runts and useless in the pack," Kyungsoo explained.

"Not my Baekhyun. He is a rare gem that needs to be loved and cherished. I won't stand for anyone trying to undermine him," Chanyeol said shocked anyone would ever consider his mate as less than perfect.

"We think so too but pack hierarchy sucks like that," Xiumin said and that did not sit well with the fairy.

2. He is the pack Alphas only son.

"That's a good thing right. I heard Alpha families are treated like royalty," Luhan chipped in with a smile.

"Well, that would be the case if Baekhyun was born an alpha. But it's far from the truth. An alpha couple having an omega is considered a disgrace. What makes matters worse is that Baekhyun's mother died giving birth to him," Xiumin explained.

"That wasn't his fault" Chanyeol said.

"Even so the packs blame him for the death of their Luna and his father disowned him from birth," Kyungsoo said with a frown.

He hated how hard Baekhyun's life has been so far.

3. Baekhyun needs an alpha mate to reclaim his position in the pack.

"That's where I come in," Chanyeol said with a smile.

He was more than ready to be Baekhyun's knight in shinning armor.

He couldn't believe his mate had been living a hard life but he wasn't going to make that happen anymore.

"Well that's where it gets a little complicated for Baekhyun. His ideal mate is a BIG STRONG ALPHA MALE who makes everyone bare their necks in submission just from his presence. Someone even his dad wouldn't dare to step up to," Kyungsoo explained.

"Your point is...?" Chanyeol asks and they all give him a 'are you serious' look.

"Hyung, it means he sees you as none of that." Sehun finally broke the silence.

"Im bi...I'm strong and...I can be...alpha material," Chanyeol said even though it was obvious he was a bit unsure himself.

Chanyeol has always been a very confident guy but being rejected by your destined mate takes a huge hit on your ego.

"Don't worry, Chanyeol. This is why we are all here to help you convince Baek that you're all the...alpha he needs," Xiumin said and everyone was on board on helping the fairy get his mate.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Will their plan work or Baekhyun will be a stubborn little wolf?

©chubbyeol_jones

Edited: 29-09-18