|• Chapter - 9 •|

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Don't worry, everything's going to be fine!", Ali assured me and I nodded at him. "Anyway, tell me what's up with you and Mr.dragon?", He continued.

"What do you mean? He hates me nowadays and I think he's probably gonna kill me, since he's always angry with me.", I said and took a quick sip from my coffee.

"Really? Yeah I think so too, he's probably gonna kill you, then he's gonna come for the rest of us." Ali said and we both burst out laughing but ali stopped midway.

Seeing him stop, I asked still laughing "What happened?". He didn't move except looking forward so I continued "What's wrong Ali? Did you see dr.shehryar?" I joked but Ali remained as still as a statue and that's when I realized, he probably has and I gulped the ball at back of my throat and turned to see what's wrong but no one was there, wait, oh no! he pranked me and that's when I heard Ali laughing.

I glared at him throwing the sugar packet at his face but he caught it in time. Ugh, stupid Ali!

"You're such an idiot, you almost gave me a hear attack how could you even joke about something like this?", I said and I could see his smile faltering, but I wasn't falling for it again, so I continued, "Dr.shehryar is not a topic to joke about.", I said taking a sip from my cold coffee that now didn't taste as good as it did an hour ago.

"He's cold and scary", I continued but Ali interrupted me,"Annaya",he said in a warning tone but I ignored him, like always. "He's scary and he's so rude!" By now I wasn't even sure of what I was saying, I was just defining dr.shehryar but Ali interrupted me again and I ignored him, again,"He doesn't even care if the other person gets hurt and he's so, so", I tried finding the right word that could describe him completely but Ali once again tried to interrupt me and I turned a blind ear to him.

Finally I got the word "EVIL!, he's so evil, and I don't even know why he is like that, like why? Why can't he be -" I tried searching for that word again, that was so clear to my mind but I couldn't grasp it, Ali once again said, "Annaya shut up, now!" And I just glared at him before excitedly saying "NORMAL! Why is he not NORMAL? He can just say everything politely and not ruin everybody's mood. He's scary and mean. Very mean." I said with determination and Ali once again tried to intervene but I began, cutting him off, "I think because he's mean, he doesn't have friends, I feel bad for him, maybe he should eat chocolate more, it makes a person sweet oh and he should cut down on coffee, drinking so much coffee is making him act like a coffee, bitter and dark, but he's not dark, he's rude and mean and scary and bad and evil and oh my god, he's sooooo many things Ali," I exasperated, "He's a dragon and he's a witch!" I exclaimed and Ali making some weird face said, "Annaya, shut up now, you're so dead!", and I ignored him again, "he's a boy and a witch so he's a boy-witch?! Or a witch-boy? I think it's a warlock, like in that movie, it's a great movie you know, you should see it sometime, I can't remember the name but I'll text you", and Ali just closed his eyes, putting his down on the table and muttering,"I can't see this!".

Seeing Ali become weird, I finally asked him what's wrong to which he said 'look behind' and I being the sarcastic idiot I am, said "you're acting like he's behind me or something." I turned around and I think, I fainted but I didn't. Shit!

Dr. Shehryar, was there, standing behind me. One of his hands folded across his chest while the other one, supported his face and he looked intrigued as if listening to what I was saying. Really concentrated on it. I should drown in this coffee.

I'm so dead. Why do I have to be SO stupid? This is just beyond repair now, I think he's probably gonna kill me right now, but first I think he'll embarrass me, infront of everyone and then he's going to make fun of me and in the end throw me out and I can't even do anything!

My eyes darted at his face and then came to a stop looking at the ground. I waited for whatever hell was to come, because now there's no escape from it.

Yes there is ! My conscience whispered in my head and continued you can always run away you know? Change your name, your identity and settle somewhere new or you could just pretend to faint and then die and then run away, as you're being buried.
Not a good time conscience, I said and stood up.

Ali came beside me and nodded at me, giving me some reassurance but was I believing him? Ofcourse not. How could I when it was dr.shehryar we were talking about, the ruthless, Dr shehryar who I called so many things, minutes ago and oh my god, I'm so dead!

I couldn't even think straight, my heart beat was quickening by every passing second and my mind was making up the worst possible senarios and I don't even know how but everything happened in slow motion. Dr.shehryar saying something, Ali going away and then I think I heard my name, wait, slowly my brain focusing to what dr.shehryar was saying and "do you hear me dr.annaya?". I heard dr.shehryar say and time fell into it's place. I quickly nodded my head even though I didn't hear one thing he said.

Dr.shehryar turned and left the cafeteria at once while I racked my brain to catch anything he must've said.

Focus brain focus, I thought when it clicked, he said 'see me in my office'. I quickly took my phone from the table and went out of the cafe, stepping in the elevator I pressed the wrong button and cursed myself for all this drama that was happening, only if I hadn't opened my big mouth.

Finally I reached his office and tried to calm down before entering. I slowly opened the door and stepped into the room, keeping my head low.

"Pick these files up and check the following patients". He said, and I almost laughed because there was a HUGE pile of files. I looked at him then at the files and again at him, he arched his eyebrow, making me move on my own. He really is a witch I thought and picked up the files which I must say were too heavy for me and I almost ended up on the floor but just in time, my brain worked and I stabilized, more or less.

"You can't take all of them, take a few and when you're finished with them, comeback and take the rest with you as well." He said in a way as if I was a child and he was a teacher, punishing me. Saying this he started working on his computer.

Following his instructions, I picked as many files my hand's could carry and quickly exited his office. Sighing, I started with my new job, 'this is going to be a very- long day and night.'

Salam everyone!
Another chapter done.
I've thought about something and would really appreciate your opinion on it...
Q// do you guys want 'Dr.shehryar's' pov? And if so, do you want it from the start or just a little part?

▪︎ do let me know what you think in the comments!
Take care of yourself and keep voting and sharing :)
Happy reading everybody!
-badkitten146