Chapter 30: The Difficult Birth (Finale)

Jay POV

I was pacing outside of the infirmary. Me and Nashi ended up visiting since the baby was so close to coming. The baby decided to come while we were visiting. I wish I could be in there with her, but, they kicked me out. 

"Calm down Jay," dad said. "She'll be fine." I heard crying and Mira coming out of the infirmary with a baby in her hands.

"Jay," she said. "Come with me."

"Ok," I said. We went into a back room. Mira cradled the baby. It stopped crying.

"He's gone," Mira said. "I'm sorry Jay." She handed me my dead child. I felt tears slowly run down my face. She put a hand on my shoulder. "You should tell Nashi. Not me. I came out here cause I didn't want Nashi to watch him die." I nodded. I slowly walked into the infirmary while Mira told Gray what happened. 

"Nashi," I said walking in. 

"Where is he?!" she asked desperately. "Where is our son?!" 

"Nashi," I said quietly. I planted a kiss on her forehead. "He....he....he didn't make it." 

"NO!" Nashi screamed. "MY SON!" The whole guild heard her pain. I hugged her. I kept kissing her forehead to make her pain go away. It wouldn't go away. We were both just sobbing. 

Gray POV

"NO!" we heard Nashi scream. I was the only one in the guild who knew what happened to their son. "MY SON!" We could hear sobbing. 

"N-Nashi," Jay said through tears. "He's in a better place now." We kept hearing their sobbing. 

Jay came out of the infirmary saying, more like singing,

"When I hear the voices say. You're not good enough. They say. You should give up. They say. You'll never find love. When I hear the voices. I hear the voices say." He leaned on the wall. He kept singing to himself while sobbing. "N-Nashi. I-I'll n-never b-be a-able t-to m-make y-you h-happy." 

I went up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. 

"Jay," I said. He looked at me. I hugged him. "I'm so sorry." 

"It's okay," he said. 

---One Week Later---

Jay POV

I kissed Nashi on the forehead. We were leaving, planning to go back to Hargeon. 

"You doing okay sweetheart?" I asked. 

"Y-Yeah," she said. I smiled. I kissed her. 

"I love you." 

"I love you too." 

---Time Skip---

Gray POV

We hadn't seen  Jay and Nashi for four months. Nashi went through depression because of her losing her son. 

I hated having to see my daughter-in-law in pain. 

"Dad," Jem said. "We have a letter. From Jay. For the whole family." 

"Let me see that," I said. I quickly took the letter from her. 

Dear Dad,

Me and Nashi....we're doing okay. I've gotten your letters. Thanks for the concern dad. But, Nashi isn't herself anymore. Ever since we lost....him, it's been terrible. I recently went to Crocus for a mission, I got to thinking. What if I adopted a child? Like how you and mom adopted Tulip. I asked the doctor if that's the best thing to do. He said it is. I'm going to talk to Nashi and tell her. Maybe she will let us adopt. Dad, do you think that's a good idea? I just want to make Nashi happy.