18

CHAPTER 18 — Confession

No One POV

Jeongyeon gulped nervously as she unlocked Nayeon's cell. Momo, the guard isn't there.

"Good morning Ms—" Jeongyeon was cut after knowing that she's alone inside Nayeon's cell.

She panicked and ran downstairs, she's hoping that this day isn't the day yet. While running, she heard the loud beats coming from her heart, saying that 'please, please, this isn't that day yet.' She reached the field and looked for Nayeon's presence.

'Oh f—k.' Jeongyeon cursed hundredth time inside her head.

"Officer Yoo?" A person called her at her back. Jeongyeon turned around to see..

"Nayeon-ssi!" Jeongyeon smiled as she mentioned the girl's name.

Nayeon's confused about what's happening with Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon ran and hugged her.

"What's happening, Officer?" Nayeon asked.

". . ."

"Did you really missed me that much?" Nayeon asked.

Jeongyeon broke the hug and smiled at her.

"You left me for about 3 days without saying nothing." Nayeon said.

"Silly, of course I've missed you." Jeongyeon replied, making Nayeon to smile.

"Why'd you have to disappear for days?" Nayeon asked while slightly punching Jeongyeon's arms.

"I have some other stuffs to finish, like my report and such. I'm sorry that I couldn't go." Jeongyeon replied.

"It's fine, you're an officer after all." Nayeon said.

"I'm pretty sure you're busy with these things." Nayeon replied.

The two walked around the field while sharing their stories. They decided to went back to Nayeon's cell since the morning activities are done.

"Officer Yoo." Nayeon suddenly said.

"Yes?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I... I only have 6 days to live..." Nayeon replied.

"And... I don't want to go yet..." Nayeon added.

"Why? where are you going?" Jeongyeon pretended that she didn't knew anything.

"To a beautiful place... I guess... A paradise perhaps..." Nayeon replied.

"Would you mind if I come with you?" Jeongyeon asked.

"You can't, Officer. I know that you still have a lot of dreams and goals." Nayeon replied, her eyes were getting teary than before.

"But I want to come with you." Jeongyeon said as she held Nayeon's hands.

"— you can't..." Nayeon replied after bursting into tears. She can't control it anymore.

Jeongyeon couldn't handle a situation like this, she rushed to hug and comfort Nayeon.

"Nayeon-ssi, it's okay. Just let it out." Jeongyeon said while comforting the older.

"— but officer— I still want to be with you—"

"— because officer,— I-I like you—"

'I like you.' Nayeon's voice echoes throughout Jeongyeon's ears.

"I like you more, Nayeon-ssi." Jeongyeon replied, tightening the hug even more.

"I know that you're a brave and strong girl, I know and believe that you can do it—"

"I believed in you because I love you, I love you Nayeon-ssi."

To be continued...

___________________
spilled the tea for 2yeon,,
baby chaengie blessed me today with her ig post..
anyways, please stream Best Thing I Ever Did!!!
such a beautiful song to listen to!!! i love their mv for this one,,
it really gives me the christmas spirit,, ya know??

thank you for reading! xoxo