10

previously...

While Nayeon's running, Jeongyeon can't take her eyes off of Nayeon.

"How could be a psychopath like her would still look... pretty?" Jeongyeon thought again.

Chaeyoung obviously didn't mind that her unnie is busy daydreaming about something. what's on the younger's mind is how can she possibly confess to her... crush?

CHAPTER 10 — Drunkard.

No One POV

After finishing her report, Jeongyeon called her friends to maybe at least celebrate.

"Yoboseyo?"

"CHAENG!"

"What are you so loud for?"

"Nothing special, really. BUT OH BOY! I've finished my freakin' reports!"

"Woah, congrats!"

"Thanks to you and to Na— Ms. Im!"

"Should we celebrate it then?"

"Yeah, at Chou's Chicken!"

"— maybe with some few bottles of Soju will be nice since you're legal now."

"That's great!"

"I might invite Officer Kim, Detective Myoui, and Officer Chou too."

"What about Chief Park?"

"Uhm... that'll be super embarrassing, kid."

"Oh dang."

"See you at 7!"

"See you too!"

Jeongyeon hung up the call.

She's so excited because she'll get to taste Soju again, finally after few years of avoiding drinks and stuff because of her hectic schedule. She wished that Nayeon could join but unfortunately, of course not because she's all locked up there. She also want to invite Jihyo, her chief so that they could know each others better but yeah, she's too chicken to face rejection.

Chief Park
Congrats on your first report. Happy to hear that you're focusing well. I'm expecting more from you next time, Officer Yoo.

"WAHHHHHHH! SO COOL" Jeongyeon jumped out of her bed as soon as she saw the text from Chief Park. It's like the feeling of getting noticed by your crush, that's what Jeongyeon feels right now.

"Chief Park texted me for the first time uwu" Jeongyeon said to herself as she hugged her phone.

Chief Park
18:32

Congrats on your first report.
Happy to hear that you're focusing well.
I'm expecting more from you next time, Officer Yoo.

Thank you Chief!
I'll work harder next time.

Jeongyeon breathes heavily while typing that simple message. After few minutes, Jihyo replied.