12

previously...

"Did you start your exercise?" Jeongyeon asked.

"No. Not yet." Nayeon answered.

"Oh— why not? you can still start your exercise without me." Jeongyeon replied.

"I just feel tired and sleepy." Nayeon said.

"But yeah I'm happy that you're here already. At least I'm feeling better now." She added.

"Wahh are you trying to make me feel flustered?" Jeongyeon teased.

"No I'm not. I'm just telling the truth." Nayeon replied.

"That you are my vitamin." Nayeon added.

Chapter 12 — Ms. Minatozaki

No One POV

"Tss stop messing around and go exercise already!" Jeongyeon said.

"Okay, as you wish, Jeongie~" Nayeon replied.

"But pretty please remove your babygirl's handcuffs first." Nayeon added.

"Babygirl my ass." Jeongyeon said as she took the handcuffs off of Nayeon.

Jeongyeon just watched how lively Nayeon runs. Jeongyeon's relieved that even though this is the second to the last week of Nayeon's days to live, she's still lively and cutie as always.

"I can't imagine my day without her..." Jeongyeon mumbled as she watched Nayeon runs.

***

"Officer Yoo, be ready with your second report." Jihyo said as she fixed the other folders at her table.

"Uhm, Chief Park?"

"Hmm?"

"Is Nayeon really be dead at the end of this month?" Jeongyeon nervously asked.

"For the last time Officer Yoo, yes." Jihyo sighed as she answered.

"She's on death row since last month, we can't do anything about it." Jihyo added.

"Can't we extend her days a little longer?" Jeongyeon asked.

"She already asked for it." Jihyo answered.

"No more questions. You can start doing your report as early as today. You are dismissed." Jihyo added.

"Thank you, Chief." Jeongyeon said then bowed as she left the office.

***

"So is it a deal? or no deal?" Sana asked while playing with her ballpen.

"Stop playing with ballpens, that's unprofessional." Tzuyu said.

"I'm sorry." Sana replied.

"Fine. we'll accept this deal with you. I hope you'll be honest with us." Dahyun said as she handed out Sana her "fake" stencils for their project.

"Great. It's a deal then." Sana replied as she stood up.

Dahyun signaled Tzuyu by winking.

"Hands up, Ms. Minatozaki, you're under arrest."

"W—why?! I'm innocent." Sana said as she lift her hands up.

"Don't move or else!" Tzuyu replied as she handcuffed Sana.

"Let me explain!!" Sana begged.

"Explain it to us at the office!" Dahyun replied.

The three drove to the headquarters and dropped Sana. Sana entered a single bulbed room with one table and two chairs facing each other.

"So it's you again..." Sana said.

"Yes, I'm relieved that you're finally caught now." Jihyo replied.

"So, Ms. Minatozaki, what's your explanation?" Jihyo added.

"I need money to let my cousin get outta jail." Sana said.

"She's a very bad girl but believe me, we need her." Sana added.

"So I thought, If I could earn enough money to let her out, it'll be great, not just for me, but for her too." Sana added.

"Why did you thought that being a criminal is a nice thing to do?" Jihyo asked.

"I don't have enough certificates for applying for a nice job. I'm undergraduate." Sana answered.

"Fine, I'll let y'all leave me rotten at the prison but. Let my cousin out." Sana added.

"Cousin? who's your cousin?"

"Im Nayeon. The psychopath who murdered the lives of her parents' killer." Sana answered.

"I-I would like to let her out... But..."

"But what?"

"She's already on death row and will be killed by the end of this month."

"WHAT?!"

"She already wished for another month to live and we granted it." Jihyo said then sighed.

Sana began to have a breakdown.

"I'm sorry. Laws are laws. No one is allowed to break it." Jihyo said, one last time, then left Sana alone.

Tzuyu saw how Sana cried because of her cousin. She wants to comfort her but she's not allowed to. No matter how much she wants to help, it's all nothing because she couldn't do anything but to arrest the persons who are against the laws.