14

CHAPTER 14 — I feel safer when I'm with you.

No One POV

"Why aren't you eating that much?" Jeongyeon asked.

"You'll starve later..." Jeongyeon added.

"It's fine, officer. I don't feel eating that much." Nayeon replied.

"Why though?" Jeongyeon asked.

"You do look sadder these days, Nayeon-ssi." Jeongyeon added. Nayeon kept being quiet.

"Is there something wrong or bothering you?" Jeongyeon asked while looking at Nayeon.

"Not now, officer. Let's just enjoy our meal this time." Nayeon replied then faked a smile just to make the officer a little better.

"Okay..." Jeongyeon said then continued to finish her meal.

***

"Nayeon-ssi." Jeongyeon called.

"Hmm?"

"If you have problems or such things to share... Just remember that I'm here. I'm here to listen. That's prolly why I agreed to be your guard. But turns out, I don't want to be your guard anymore. I want you to be my friend." Jeongyeon said. Nayeon remained silent again then ran towards Jeongyeon.

She hugged her with all of the sudden. Jeongyeon welcomed and embraced Nayeon. Nayeon buried her face on the officer's shoulders. It was all fine until Jeongyeon felt her uniform were getting wet.

Nayeon was tearing up.

And the thing is.

She can't do anything but to tighten the hug even more.

"P-please don't leave me." Nayeon blurted out.

"Because I-I feel safer when I'm with y-you, officer." Nayeon added.

"Shh. Okay okay, I won't leave you here for now. Don't cry, I'm here with you." Jeongyeon replied while patting Nayeon's head.

"Why did you cry?" Jeongyeon asked.

"O-officer..." Nayeon said.

"Why?"

"My last month will be over soon..." Nayeon replied.

That sentence.

Broke Jeongyeon's brave heart.

To be continued...

________________
a veryyyyy short chapter...
i'll be updating more soon ;))
stay tuned for more teas!!

oh and tnx for 1k views wooOot!!