17

previously...

"Detective Myoui!" Chaeyoung called. It's almost nighttime. They're now fixing their things to leave but Chaeyoung went inside Detective Myoui's office.

"Hmm?" Mina replied.

"T-thank you for your concern earlier..." Chaeyoung said.

"I—I'm here to say that I—I appreciate all of the things you are doing to me." Chaeyoung added.

"Here's your coat, keep warm too because I do care for you too." Chaeyoung added.

Mina just smiled shyly then slowly walked towards the younger. She took the coat and all of the sudden...

She hugged Chaeyoung.

"Wh—"

"Officer Son. I like you." Mina said.

CHAPTER 17 — I'll still wait for you.

No One POV

"Momo-ssi, did you know why Officer Yoo didn't show up today?" Nayeon asked as she opens her cell window.

"She didn't tell me why, maybe it's because of the heavy rain?" Momo replied.

"Oh, okay." Nayeon replied, sadness was clearly visible to her face.

"Don't worry, she'll comeback soon for sure." Momo said, trying to make the older feel better.

Momo was worried for Nayeon because she only have 1 week and 3 more days to live. She noticed that the older misses the officer that's assigned with her, Officer Yoo so she decided to call her.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Officer Yoo."

"Ouh Momo-ssi, why did you call me this late?"

"Nayeon-ssi misses you."

"Really?"

"She's asking me why aren't you here today."

"It's raining heavily so I thought it'll be dangerous to drive, I also did my report."

"— please tell Nayeon-ssi that I'll be back sooner."

"Officer Yoo."

"Yes?"

"Nayeon-ssi only have 1 week and 3 more days to live."

". . ."

Jeongyeon dropped her phone.

"Officer Yoo?"

"Officer Yoo!"

"I'll hang up now."

Jeongyeon sat on her bed after hearing that there's one more week to be with Nayeon.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Jeongyeon mumbled as tears slowly escaped from her eyes.

***

"No matter how much it takes, I'll still wait for you." Nayeon mumbled as she watched how the beautiful stars glow, hoping that when that day finally comes, she'll be able to be with these things.

To be continued...

_____________________
a veRYYYYYY short chapter since i
wanted to highlight this part for 2yeon :'(

i don't want to kill nayeon yet :(((