Chapter Thirty-Four | First World

Start from the beginning

"Does that matter? He's still gravely injured."

"Yes, it matters. He's going to be on trial, just like the rest of his vile family."

ShuNing felt himself bristle. "Then, if you look at it that way, I should be on trial to. As well as the rest of the illegitimate children. We're all technically related, right?"

The men looked taken aback, they didn't want to argue with Shu Ning, they had hoped the young man didn't know about the patient's identity. But they should have known better, seen from the intimacy of how Shu Ning looked at the man. As if he could cry at any second.

"I suspected this man was the one you were with in Xinshan, so it was Fu Zhang Feng."

ShuNing wanted to snort and sarcastically clap his hands. Was it the blue hair that gave it away?

"Yes, he was, and there is a lot more that you don't know, that I am unwilling to share because now, how can I have the confidence that you will help him?"

Jun stepped forward, and to make a point, ShuNing retreated a step. He gave a look of defiance, a harsh look that rarely surfaced on his face, and one the future heir of Wang Sect certainly hadn't seen.

The man felt disheartened, "Please try to see this from our perspective. Even though I can trust you, he never gave me the same feeling when we last met. I'd love to guarantee that he is a good person, go by what you say, but how do we know that he's only being genuine to your face?"

"Jun," ShuNing stressed, "You saw something in me that made you place your faith in me. I don't think that's a bad thing, because I thought the same for you. But you don't know him, many don't know him. At least let him recover so that he can speak for himself, when the time comes."

Wang Junjie seemed conflicted. Without a shadow of a doubt, he wanted to support Shu Ning's words, he wanted to agree in order to make him happy. But he was the future heir of a large Sect, and he had his duties. So he glanced over to his men, who looked just as conflicted.

"Jun brother, things do appear more than they seem, from the reports we gathered, they detailed Fu Zhang Feng as a mute, but that's evidently not the case." The man who had shared the information about Zhang Feng's rare elemental talent, stated with a shrug.

With one on board, the others agreed too. Eventually, Jun was then happy to make the agreement. It wasn't a guarantee that Fu Zhang Feng wouldn't face the same ending as his family, but the Wang Sect would at least allow him the respect of being able to physically stand up for himself and deny any false accusations.

After agreeing, the man who was the first to support ShuNing, willingly stepped forward to reveal what he had found out. There was, in fact, something blocking the flow of the energy, which was currently buzzing around Zhang Feng's body, but not reaching his Spirit Core.

"What can do such a thing?"

"If I'm correct, then I could show you." The man walked to the patient's side, and looked towards Shu Ning. He was clearly asking for permission to touch ZhangFeng.

Which he was, of course, granted, if it meant helping him. "One of you help me lean him forward, it's his back we need to see." ShuNing would have stepped forward to help, but in the eyes of these stronger men, he was treated like a woman.

Though he would normally be angry, he had scarily gotten used to being pampered. He watched eagerly as Zhang Feng was gently leant forward, and because of ShuNing trying to keep his temperature down, he only wore underwear. Which in this world, wasn't a lot.

The men held no interest in seeing what Jun's love rival had to offer, and craned their heads around to see his back instead. ShuNing walked over, getting in close to have a look. Along the broad shoulders were defined muscles, as there was down his back too